Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for dude from the Omniplex.

Options
  • 01-08-2010 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭

My question to you after attending your cinema today is, why is your adult ticket seven euro and your student ticket eight euro fifty sense and its actually wrote up behind the girl in the ticket office that the student ticket price should be six euro fifty. The error and hike in price is also evident on your website. Surely you must have been alerted to it before now and how come it is not rectified.

I attended today with my family and my elder sister bought a ticket for an adult priced seven euro and I wanted to get my student ticket which would have cost me eight euro fifty cent but i went for the much cheaper adult ticket. Surely the point of a student ticket is to provide discounted rates for students and not hike up the charge and charge them more???

It's not really that important and it won't change the world but it's a stupid error in your cinema and you should really rectify it. You can't display one price behind the ticket booth and charge another.

*(yes im in a bad mood today)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

stick-dan wrote: »
    My question to you after attending your cinema today is, why is your adult ticket seven euro and your student ticket eight euro fifty sense and its actually wrote up behind the girl in the ticket office that the student ticket price should be six euro fifty. The error and hike in price is also evident on your website. Surely you must have been alerted to it before now and how come it is not rectified.

I attended today with my family and my elder sister bought a ticket for an adult priced seven euro and I wanted to get my student ticket which would have cost me eight euro fifty cent but i went for the much cheaper adult ticket. Surely the point of a student ticket is to provide discounted rates for students and not hike up the charge and charge them more???

It's not really that important and it won't change the world but it's a stupid error in your cinema and you should really rectify it. You can't display one price behind the ticket booth and charge another.

Lol.. Really? That's ridiculous!

As an aside though I don't think the cinema guy comes on here anymore. At least I haven't seen him around since pimping the new one..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I seriously doubt that maybe they made a mistake no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

RealistSpy wrote: »
    I seriously doubt that maybe they made a mistake no?

You doubt what i said? Just go online and try order both an adult and student ticket.. It's stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

why don't you just ask in the cinema itself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

An adult ticket is €9 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

testicle wrote: »
    An adult ticket is €9 ?

that's what I thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Bloody Hell that's a bit steep! €9 for a film when you can get two for that price in extravision and you don't have to worry about being searched for contraband popcorn and drinks on the way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Nead21 wrote: »

I did, sunday staff are all young people like myself, wouldn't have authority over pricing matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I think it's €7 for an adult before 6 pm. I.e. matinees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I did, sunday staff are all young people like myself, wouldn't have authority over pricing matters.

You need to ask the 2 blokes in the shirts. They work Sundays too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

yeh depends on the time you go, the student price only makes sense after 6pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Nead21 wrote: »
    would be the obvious thing to do alright!!!

Advertisement