Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

birth registration

Options
  • 01-08-2010 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi ladies

can someone tell me how to organise a birth registration?
    I was told at the hospital that hospital notify the birth registrar and then they contact me arranging an appointment for registration.
    but it's been 2 weeks now and I need birth cert for organising other things.

any idea?
    Can I go there myself and just register the baby?

thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

With me they took details in the hosp and then we went to Lombard street in Dublin to get birth cert sorted.

Here is official info

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

hospital took details of me too but I was told it will be more likely a month to get contacted by birt reg office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I'd phone the registration office and check with them. There is a possibility you didn't fully take in what was being said. I know my head was all over the place after having B. Nobody contacted me I went to get the birth cert off my own back. Did you have your baby in Meath?

I gave birth in Cavan hospital, so co. Cavan. but I will ring them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I'm in a rural area too ani_mal and there was no talk of making an appointment. Obviously, the bigger urban areas are busier. I just turned up in my local registration office 3 weeks after having my small fella and got the birth cert sorted - no problems. The hospital had entered his details on the system so they were all there when the registrar looked for them.

Give your local Births, Deaths and Marriages office a ring and they'll let you know if you need to make an appointment.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

We brought Caoimhe home on a Monday morning. We had her birth cert sorted by Tuesday afternoon. We just went into the office with our details and hers and were given it straight away.

This was in Limerick btw

yeah, Navan Reg office has only some sort of voice mail info, I will just go to the office tomorrow morning and register him at that's all.
    some things are just not worth waiting.

Advertisement