Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed

Options
  • 01-08-2010 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

hey i'm wondering if anyone can help.

right so i have to sites created and have the domains registerd on the same hosting plan - throught blacknight.

when i went to upload the file to the first domain it wouldn't work - either the file manager FTP link wasn't there or when it was and i would navigate to the file - it would just d nothing and eventually the operation would time out.

ao a friend suggested i use an app called FTP explorer do i did and it worked. Delirah - however this led to problem 1

when i go to the address none of the images are showing - now the website is technically there as laid out but no images will show - i dont understand this as all the files are in exactly the same relation to each other as they were when i created it offline - another friend of mine suggested that maybe the access was set to private on the folder maybe but i coulcn't see this.

anyways so thats problem 1.

having lost paience with 1st site i said i'd upload site 2

so same thing with the File manager - except this time it would upload some files and not others

so i figured i'll use the ftp explore again - except when i created the new connection with the domain aand username and password it gives me it still navigates to the 1st site so basically i hae 2 half sites online 1 i cant upload images to and 1 i can't get to display the images.

if anyone can help me i'd really appreciate it.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

How are you linking to the image files? It maybe that the path is different then it was on your local machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

yeah i thought of that but all the links are like local adress ie images/123.jpg as opposed to c:\user\my documents.....

i made sure to do that at the time so that wouldn't happen.

i honestly cant figure this out at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

ok problem 1 solved - i had named the folder images Images and when i changed t to a lower case i it worked - ooops

still working on problem 2 though

Advertisement