Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trying to fix trailer indicator light

Options
  • 01-08-2010 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭

i'm having problems trying to get one of my indicator lights working on my trailer. i've tested the bulb socket with a tester and there is power getting to the unit when i have the hazards on and when the bulb is out. however, when i place the bulb into the unit, suddenly no power. it's like the bulb is shorting the unit somehow. the bulb socket looks the same as other other side which is working, so i can't figure out what may be causing this problem. any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

1.swap the bulbs see if the problem goes or stays.
    2.if the lights are mounted on metal take them off see if they work then could be shorting off trailer body somewhere.
    3.any joints etc in the cable?
    4.is the trailer socket ok?
    5.did you try using a different trailer to check the vehicle or a different vehicle on the trailer.

Advertisement