Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Black Cat

Options
  • 01-08-2010 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone found a male black cat. He is not wearing a collar. He is very friendly and likes attention. He has a small wound on the back of his neck. He is missing from Charlesland Grove since 31st July 2010. Can people please check their sheds as he likes to explore.

I will be checking boards every couple of hours, so please let me know if you find him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Male Black cat missing since Saturday 31st July from Charlesland Grove. Very friendly cat, who likes to go into peoples houses. He is not wearing a collar and has a small bald patch / wound on the back of his neck.

Can people check their sheds especially if they had their shed open on Saturday as he might have got stuck inside.

Reward offered to anyone who finds him.

Very worried owner. Any help would be appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rob09

Please check your private mail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

Do you have a pic of the cat? It might help. There are quite a few black cats in Charlesland, I have one myself and have often seen others about the place and they all look quite similar to each other. I hope you find him soon, ours went missing before for a week, we got him back and thankfully he hasn't done that again.

Male Black cat still missing since Saturday 31st July from Charlesland Grove.

The picture attached is the only one I have and is not good quality, but it should give people an idea of what he looks like.

I distributed over 200 leaflets in the estate, so could people hold onto them as my mobile number is on it.

Can people also PLEASE CHECK THEIR SHEDS especially if they had their shed open on Saturday as he might have got stuck inside.

Very worried and upset owner who thinks their cat is stuck in a house or shed as he has never strayed before. Any help would be appreciated.

€100 reward offered to anyone who finds him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I've merged your threads together - there's no need to open a new thread each time, posting in the original thread will move it back to the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

girl24 wrote: »
    Do you have a pic of the cat? It might help. There are quite a few black cats in Charlesland, I have one myself and have often seen others about the place and they all look quite similar to each other. I hope you find him soon, ours went missing before for a week, we got him back and thankfully he hasn't done that again.

We have one who visits and spends nearly all day here, since April, i'd say. I dont fed him/her at all and its free to come and go. I dont really know why it spends all day tbh. Its quite a small black cat and im surprised it does appear in our garden cos the cats around us are so territorial, they spend all day ambushing each other. But im up in Charlesland Park and I see it go down the fences and go over to the very top of Charlesland Park. Its quite skittish and hates loud noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 .:R

ciaran67 wrote: »
    We have one who visits and spends nearly all day here, since April, i'd say. I dont fed him/her at all and its free to come and go. I dont really know why it spends all day tbh. Its quite a small black cat and im surprised it does appear in our garden cos the cats around us are so territorial, they spend all day ambushing each other. But im up in Charlesland Park and I see it go down the fences and go over to the very top of Charlesland Park. Its quite skittish and hates loud noise.

Hi ciaran67, I sent you a PM.

Hi Loyatemu,

Thanks for merging my threads. I am new to boards and thought you had to create a new thread each time.

Hi Ciaran67,

Thanks for your post. It doesn't sound like my cat as he is a five year old fully grown male. He is also very friendly and not at all skittish. If you see anymore black cats around, can you let me know. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 marge2007

I don't know if it helps you, but a week or so ago I saw two black cats playing in the carpark at Tesco Greystones. I know its not near exactly Charlesland, but might be worth checking. One looked pretty similar to the pic you attached.

Marge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

We were just up at Pet Bliss in Newtownmountkenneddy and there was a cat outside that looked quite like the one in your photo. I tried to take a photo on my phone (bad quality, it was as close as I cold get before the cat ran away). Hope this helps, sorry if it's a wild goose chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I saw a black cat wondering around near Cavistons yesterday

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

Hey, did you find your cat? I was walking this evening and I saw a black cat sitting at the barn in the field beside Charlesland, I did call it over but it wouldn't come to me, it might be a wild cat living there but just wanted to let you know just in case your still looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nico23

Hi there,
    im in kilcoole and theres a black cat, dont know if its male r female but it does have a mark on its neck along with a few small missing patches of fur from its head probably from fighting, let me know if your cats still missing!???

Hi all,

Thanks all for your posts. My cat is still missing, but I haven't given up hope of finding him yet. I appreciate everybody keeping an eye out for him and keeping me updated. If you do see a black cat matching his decription or a black cat hanging around your area that you haven't seen before can you please let me know.

Advertisement