Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I do with call credit built up on my phone?

Options
  • 01-08-2010 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm on O2 prepay and top up with 20euro every month to avail of free o2 to o2 calls etc. This means I have built up 120euro credit on my phone so far. I was wondering if I was to switch to bill pay would the call credit be put as credit on my account?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yes, to max amount of €130.

Yo dont need to switch to bill, just dont topup for awhile, use your credit, and then when it gets down low, when you topup again by €20 you will get the free calls and texts back again

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭albob

Davy wrote: »
    Yo dont need to switch to bill, just dont topup for awhile, use your credit, and then when it gets down low, when you topup again by €20 you will get the free calls and texts back again

Yeah I used to get the month for 20euro and then after the month was up I'd let the 20euro run out over a few calls. What I found though was that due to the fact they fleece me on call prices outside of the free calls window the 20euro would be gone after a couple of days. My reckoning was that if I let it build up and then went to bill pay (I want to get a smart phone anyway) I would get better value to the 20euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

albob wrote: »
    Yeah I used to get the month for 20euro and then after the month was up I'd let the 20euro run out over a few calls. What I found though was that due to the fact they fleece me on call prices outside of the free calls window the 20euro would be gone after a couple of days. My reckoning was that if I let it build up and then went to bill pay (I want to get a smart phone anyway) I would get better value to the 20euro.

Ye thats fair enough, the max they will let you carry over is €130 anyway as I said. They will take your bills out of this until its gone, then switch to DD

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bluelemonade

Buy text bundles!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Seriously though, just don't top up for a while and use it up or else sign up to bill pay and you'll be able to transfer it over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

Gillo wrote: »
    Seriously though, just don't top up for a while and use it up or else sign up to bill pay and you'll be able to transfer it over.

The guy already said he wants to switch to bill pay because he already let the 20 euro go but because of o2's expensive pre pay call charges he ran out in a few days and had to top up again. Besides he wants a smart phone anyways. :)

Advertisement