Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three Flashing Lights on my Laptop!

• 01-08-2010 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

:mad:

Hi, I need help please, my Laptop will not charge when it is pluggged into the mains socket, the power button & the battery light keep flashing and it shows I have little to no battery left, I have read about it online that I have to hold down the power button for 45 secs and then put battery back in, turn mains power back on and it should work...............

Nope still flashing! please help, I need it working, I bought a new mains charger as I thought that was the problem (as I had it checked in my local computer store, when they plugged it in with one of their chargers it worked fine) but it only worked for a day :(

Do I need a new battery?

is their something I am not doing rite?

Please advise,

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,570 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

most likely it is the battery but if you check the manual for the laptop you have it should tell you what the lights mean
    if you post the make and model number there should be a manual online somewhere for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭andy winter

yes, I have the manual, no info regards the flashing lights ;( I reckon it is the battery its self, when I take the battery out and plug the laptop into the mains it still won't charge! Is that normal? I rarely use the battery itself, if I could just use it plugged into the mains I would.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

99% is your battery...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭andy winter

so, I'm not able to take battery out and just plug it (laptop) to the mains? :( any where I can purchase one from a reliable company ? Tanx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,570 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yes its perfectly fine to have it just plugged into the wall, actually if you do buy a new battery and your not in danger of disconnecting the power when you use the laptop i would leave the battery out
    When the battery is in it is being used and getting worn down so you could just plug it in when you need to move it
    as for buying a replacement it depends on the make

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭dub7_2010

Would that be a Dell laptop?

Battery/power cable faulty....sounds like a Dell alright.

Advertisement