Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do we have new season

Options
  • 01-08-2010 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭

... between Summer and Autumn , mainly July , where it is warm , rainy, heavy and dulll - in a word horrible conditions , sapping your energy and difficult to sleep in - its happened past few years , and I'm no fan -

I want dry clear blue skies not this murky monsoon crap

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

thebaz wrote: »
    ... between Summer and Autumn , mainly July , where it is warm , rainy, heavy and dulll - in a word horrible conditions , sapping your energy and difficult to sleep in - its happened past few years , and I'm no fan -

I want dry clear blue skies not this murky monsoon crap

i'm feeling this right now. i have no interest in doing anything.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Its not a season, just 4 unlucky julys in a row! But the seasons in ireland are not like other countrys. . . My best guess at our seasons is:
    spring: march, april, may.
    Summer: june, july.
    Autumn: august, september, october.
    Winter: november, december, january, february.

But our seasons can blend in, this july was like autumn, and may was like summer. But march was like winter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

thebaz wrote: »

I think it should be called 'Sumtumn'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

The European monsoon season is a little known fact, but it seems to be coming in a little later these last few years. With more heat in July, it seems to just enhance the rainfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

If thats the case then August has become even more depressing in recent years. Just look at todays weather here near Dublin - a paltry 14C under slate grey skies in the middle of the day:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

emo72 wrote: »
    i'm feeling this right now. i have no interest in doing anything.:D

This is called SAD; seasonal affective disorder.

Like plants we need sunlight.. When we do not get enough ( or ANY!) we wilt.

You can buy a Light Box that simulates sunlight and feel better. It is a natural phenomenon is SAD. Many with medical conditions affected by light go down when the days start to shorten; August is always a hard month thus.

But it is possible to adapt...

Bears etc have the right idea; they hibernate.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

We don't have a summer, we get maybe 4 weeks of good weather towards the middle of May and early June and that is it.
    Our seasons IMO:

July and August is the rainy monsoon season
    September & October is just balmy and mild
    November is wet and turning colder
    December and January ranges from Cold to freezing and is true winter
    February to April is mild and wet with storms.
    May to early June sees maybe 4 to 6 weeks of mildly warm weather rarely getting above 25c.

Basically we live in a terrible climate and our weather is the worst in Europe, even the Scandinavians who endure months of ice and darkness get better weather than we do as they actually get a summer.

Our crap weather and the desperate situation Ireland faces in economic terms has seen suicides in Ireland soar over the last two years and having good weather helps us to forget our worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Stinicker wrote: »
    We don't have a summer, we get maybe 4 weeks of good weather towards the middle of May and early June and that is it.
    Our seasons IMO:

July and August is the rainy monsoon season
    September & October is just balmy and mild
    November is wet and turning colder
    December and January ranges from Cold to freezing and is true winter
    February to April is mild and wet with storms.
    May to early June sees maybe 4 to 6 weeks of mildly warm weather rarely getting above 25c.

Basically we live in a terrible climate and our weather is the worst in Europe, even the Scandinavians who endure months of ice and darkness get better weather than we do as they actually get a summer.

Our crap weather and the desperate situation Ireland faces in economic terms has seen suicides in Ireland soar over the last two years and having good weather helps us to forget our worries.

If you choose to let the weather affect you so badly you really have problems. ......No need for that at all, at all. There really isn't.

Suicides here were soaring way before the recession. Don't blame the weather, please.

Advertisement