Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you hate about Irish people

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭round tower huntsman

our inferior complex:mad: get off your knees quislings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

catbear wrote: »
    I never said it was fair. Now about this invasion, any specific dates, I might have been abroad at the time and I might have missed it. People get so caught up in X-Factor that they forgot to mention anything else.

Your just trolling now again notice the word IF it was a rhetorical question

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The fact that so many define their Irishness by how much they hate English people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Your just trolling now again notice the word IF it was a rhetorical question
    Whatever, spin yourself off into your special place if you want, I don't care. It really doesn't matter to you anyway. In a few hours you'll have forgotten about whatever it was anyway. It's afterhours, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Yep, the constant fishing for compliments! You see it all the time in TV interviews of foreign stars: 'how are you enjoying Ireland?/ what do you think of Ireland?'

The person is forced into some trite compliment.

Cringe!

Ah in fairness you see them do that on English TV too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭veryangryman

I hate nothing about irish people. I have a few gripes but generally were pretty good bunch.

Women could be a bit more sexually liberated and the sudden and baffling interest in Rugby over Soccer is a bit of a pain, but other than that were pretty good eggs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

lpjonesy wrote: »
    Financial ineptitude, the Irish are useless with money , they borrow whenever they can and never pay back
    Speak for yourself.

I definitely agree it's not a myth that there is a very prevalent drinking culture - in which I'm happy to partake. And am doing so right now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Dudess wrote: »
    Speak for yourself.

I definitely agree it's not a myth that there is a very prevalent drinking culture - in which I'm happy to partake. And am doing so right now. :pac:

Self loathing and alcohol go very well together. I'm participating in one of those two right now. Guess which.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Yep, the constant fishing for compliments! You see it all the time in TV interviews of foreign stars: 'how are you enjoying Ireland?/ what do you think of Ireland?'

The person is forced into some trite compliment.

Cringe!

Years ago I noticed that too. It's crap and predictable. And always makes me cringe. The Late Late Show seems to be a particular source of it. Good thing is since the advent of the interwebs I practically stopped watching TV for entertainment purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

Red Hand wrote: »
    Self loathing and alcohol go very well together. I'm participating in one of those two right now. Guess which.:pac:

Well, with the name "Red Hand", I was thinking you were participating in something else/solo to be honest :D

• Advertisement

Damie wrote: »
    Well, with the name "Red Hand", I was thinking you were participating in something else/solo to be honest :D

Blood masturbation?:confused:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/72/Meuble_h%C3%A9raldique_Main.svg/150px-Meuble_h%C3%A9raldique_Main.svg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The fact that so many define their Irishness by how much they hate English people.

That isn't an Irish an thing though. That's Nationalism.

Stephen Fry quoted Clemenceau, the old French leader who put it along the lines of, a patriot loves their country, culture etc., a Nationalist just hates the "enemies".

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

They culturally corral emselves with obvious, land on yer lap stuff.. Maybe for the comfort a clique brings i mean look; tried to step away from that and left myself isolated and speaking in them-tense

LH Pathe wrote: »
    They culturally corral emselves with obvious, land on yer lap stuff.. Maybe for the comfort a clique brings i mean look; tried to step away from that and left myself isolated and speaking in them-tense
    Subversive stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I hate Irish people that say "mate".

"Hows it going, mate?"

Mate's what you put in a sandwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Lavezzi

Oh deary deary me, where can I begin? Have you got all Century? No wait, you don't, because the liberal Irish sheeple are content in living in the now while they're in a bubble (by design), as opposed to looking into their future where mass enslavement awaits them. Actually that sums it up nicely.

WAKE UP.

Lavezzi wrote: »
    the liberal Irish sheeple
    What does that paranoid drivel which originates inside your head actually mean? And why do you think it makes you look clever to keep repeating it?

Are you upset because you look at life one way and resent others not sharing your view? Is it lonely?

Actual answers if you'd be so kind. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I hate Irish people that say "mate".

"Hows it going, mate?"

Mate's what you put in a sandwich.

Ah, mate.. hooked up with an old pal the other nite on the grounds he was asking for me via brother so here's the face, now what is your concern but he never got to grow up :/ same friends, same music same lifestyle.. same mile a minute shallow sweet nothings punctuated by mate. For me mate means brief acquaintance but not a friend; more friendly distance type thing. Apprehension. Caution.. Snide. Brit. think he's still taking coke n yokes, still a disco bunny so that explained it. Cliques inhibit, so does the 'love' drug ultimately.. sorta like coke but without the violence

Ma*e.

What does that paranoid drivel which originates inside your head actually mean? And why do you think it makes you look clever to keep repeating it?

Are you upset because you look at life one way and resent others not sharing your view? Is it lonely?

Actual answers if you'd be so kind. :)

It sums you all up in minimal words. You have been conditioned and brain-raped from birth to see this simulative world as true, when it is anything but. I'm not on here trying to look clever like the rest of you fools. I'm trying to open up some minds that have been closed by design since birth. Firstly, by exposing the liberal fascist agenda in this country that is so obvious you'd have to be retarded not to see it (as most are).

It sums you all up in minimal words. You have been conditioned and brain-raped from birth to see this simulative world as true, when it is anything but. I'm not on here trying to look clever like the rest of you fools. I'm trying to open up some minds that have been closed by design since birth. Firstly, by exposing the liberal fascist agenda in this country that is so obvious you'd have to be retarded not to see it (as most are).
    Only to someone with serious paranoia for which professional help is required. And what exactly is the "liberal fascist agenda"? For starters, it's a phrase that looks dumb seeing as it's utterly oxymoronic. And plain old moronic too. Like, do you actually know what "liberal" means? Most people who throw the word around liberally ;) tend not to.

Interesting that it's everyone else and not you. Strange that only one person is so enlightened while all the others are wrong. :)

You don't know sh1t about other people here, so your analysis fails.

• Advertisement

Only to someone with serious paranoia for which professional help is required. And what exactly is the "liberal fascist agenda"? For starters, it's a phrase that looks dumb seeing as it's utterly oxymoronic. Like, do you actually know what "liberal" means? Most people who throw the word around liberally ;) tend not to.

Interesting that it's everyone else and not you. Strange that only one person is so enlightened while all the others are wrong. :)

You don't know sh1t about other people here, so your analysis fails.

It's meant to be an oxymoron, moron. It shows how the whole concept of liberalism relating to "liberation" is utterly fraudulent. You are in fact what you describe me as being, only you do it by disregarding history; Centuries of wisdom from our ancestors who were MEN to be specific. These men learned from previous generations of men to understand how the world works. But now, you want to disregard all moral values in favor of living a life of personal gluttony in the form of joy and illusions of power from external sources. All because a small group of evil but intelligent men have been planting seeds in your head by design.

Strange. 5 years on since I joined and still the post 2am nutters are still posting.:pac:

It's meant to be an oxymoron, moron. It shows how the whole concept of liberalism relating to "liberation" is utterly fraudulent. You are in fact what you describe me as being, only you do it by disregarding history; Centuries of wisdom from our ancestors who were MEN to be specific. These men learned from previous generations of men to understand how the world works. But now, you want to disregard all moral values in favor of living a life of personal gluttony in the form of joy and illusions of power from external sources. All because a small group of evil but intelligent men have been planting seeds in your head by design.
    Shocker: people who think differently to you can also think for themselves and can also be intelligent. Don't take it personally.

And again, you're just presuming stuff about people you don't know. It's not smart.

You can tell people they're... whatever paranoid thing you think they are... all you like, but you've no proof you're right. Just the notions created in your own head.

Shocker: people who think differently to you can also think for themselves and can also be intelligent. Don't take it personally.

And again, you're just presuming stuff about people you don't know. It's not smart.

Think for themselves within the box that you've been reduced to thinking in. Your brain is influenced to a much larger degree than you realize. Are you willing to consider that this is true?

I know you are happy in your illusional life of lies. That is exactly why you are so blind to the truth. Once you open up your mind, it will forever be opened. There's no going back up the rabbit-hole so to speak.

You've yet to tell people what this... "thing" you've tuned into, which makes you so superior, is.

You can tell people they're... whatever paranoid thing you think they are... all you like, but you've no proof you're right. Just the notions created in your own head.

You don't either. Confirmation from others is all you have to go on as proof of your reality. Why can't you then see that it could be perhaps false? I believe I'm the one under no illusions and so do you. But I've actually done the research into what I'm saying. I understand your beliefs and my own. You only understand your own..

You've yet to tell people what this... "thing" you've tuned into, which makes you so superior, is.

It's called consciousness. I am freed (at least to a far greater extent than most) of the delusions that have been implanted in our brains since birth. All your senses have been corrupted, I'm simply on the road of regaining mine.

I know you are happy in your illusional life of lies.
    Ah, The Matrix. You're Larry Fishburne's character, right? Something about the table in front of me not existing I gather...

Ah, The Matrix. You're Larry Fishburne's character, right? Something about the table in front of me not existing I gather...

Ah now we're getting somewhere. You believe the matrix is a fictional move, and technically it is. But it is based on reality; True reality in contrast with simulative reality. I'm not saying our true reality is anything like it was in that movie. But you can take the philosophical idea of real vs fake reality from the movie and apply it to our own current state of existence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

The false modesty. "I had to get the auld BMW X5 because she wanted one and I wasn't getting any peace until I got it for her", no you wanted it because your neighbour across the road got one so you had to get one you fupping idiot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement