Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you hate about Irish people

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Fuk sake, not this crap again.

AH is gone to fuk lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I really,really loathe the scumbag, tracksuit wearing, unemployed toss pots with extensive criminal records, who make a big song and dance about how patriotic they are and how much they hate the English. You'll find them on Facebook etc, hand down the front of the tracksuit, praising paramilitary organisations and ranting about how they hate the English(while they wear a Manchester United top).

Jesus, they make me feel ashamed to be Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Their absolute intolerance, particularly in the failings of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the fact they will put up with anything thats thrown at them and be greatful for what little scraps they get in life, the fact they tell those who try to do something about their situation to (grow up and get over it) or to (put up with it and be greatful)

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Maybe this inane thread should have its title changed to "Traits that you hate" or something? Can't see anything uniquely Irish about what's being posted here... by Irish people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

Mostly hate the crowd who give out about the GAA, they are mostly guys who were just brutal at it and never got a game. So instead took to supporting an English soccer team from there armchair.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Mostly hate the crowd who give out about the GAA, they are mostly guys who were just brutal at it and never got a game. So instead took to supporting an English soccer team from there armchair.

Ah yes, the guys who bitched and moaned about being roughed up in training and couldn't hack it on the pitch. Bitter little men, they should have tried their hands at Camogie instead. Saying that the women would probably have too much for them. :pac:

Yeah instead of just not playing it and forgetting about they go on a mission to belittle it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Or they haven't been to Croker, its a great sport, my only crib is Dublin's hurlers, will we ever get a decent team.

Colmustard wrote: »
    Or they haven't been to Croker, its a great sport, my only crib is Dublin's hurlers, will we ever get a decent team.

To tell you the truth I don't care what they do or that they don't like the game just leave it at that and don't be moaning about it.

• Advertisement

You're not too bad at all at the moment, I know it was a bad year for the Dubs but that team is still coming along nicely. Being in the same province as the cats won't help though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

You're not too bad at all at the moment, I know it was a bad year for the Dubs but that team is still coming along nicely. Being in the same province as the cats won't help though.

Tell me about it, the GAA are going mad to get a Dub hurling team. The Dubs would pack Croke park for the Football and the hurling, that is a lot of revenue.

So its only a matter of time. We had a good run 2 years ago, we actually beat the cats, but then they hammered us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Lot's of things ...the sometimes ignorance for one .

Tell me about it, the GAA are going mad to get a Dub hurling team. The Dubs would pack Croke park for the Football and the hurling, that is a lot of revenue.

So its only a matter of time. We had a good run 2 years ago, we actually beat the cats, but then they hammered us.

I believe Dublin's time will come if their current hurling programme continues to be implemented. Population wise its a big enough county to support both codes.

Down here in Tipp we're looking at the further advancement of our seinor football team, after today's hurling massacre it might become our only route to success. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

in fairness, most of the gaa haters I know support LoI teams, particularly one based in tallaght.

in fairness, most of the gaa haters I know support LoI teams, particularly one based in tallaght.

Rovers and the GAA don't have a good relationship. That was a farcical situation that got of hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

owenc wrote: »
    Not really, were are you from what country.

You might consider writing correctly if you're going to belittle Irish people on an Irish website. Is the UK educational system that bad?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Clareboy

The G.A.A crowd. I used to work in a bar and they were the worst crowd to deal with. I hated working Sundays.

I agree with you 100%, there is nothing on earth as ignorant as a Thick GAA Mick. What you talking about here is a most profound and primitive ignorance, which has to be seen to be believed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

I hate nothing about Irish people. I'm sure this thread would be closed if it was called "what do you hate about Nigerians ?".

We have a few light hearted stereotypes like every other country. I'd prefer to be seen as a hard drinker who likes having a laugh, rather than being viewed as loud, pig ignorant bore.

We should re-name this thread " I'm a self loathing Irish c**t with nothing better to do than slate everyone else who isn't as uptight and nit picky as me".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Clareboy wrote: »
    I agree with you 100%, there is nothing on earth as ignorant as a Thick GAA Mick. What you talking about here is a most profound and primitive ignorance, which has to be seen to be believed.

I'm seeing "profound and primitive ignorance" allright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The way we idolise and make celebrities of Hurling players..and they in turn seem to think that they are above other people. Ive never seen the likes of it, just because a guy can hit a sliotar with a hurley, he often gets free drinks, is paid huge amounts for "public appearances", is trated like a God in his local village, get cushy jobs sorted out by senior GAA heads and this in turn can lead to many cases of the hurler being an arrogant stuck up arsehole who expects the world to bow before them, I have seen many of them burst into a bar/hotel/shop and expect the whole place to come to a standstill and the Irish people are partly to blame for putting them on such a pedestal, they are just amateur sports people, none of them brought back a medal from London 2012!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Velvety

they are just amateur sports people, none of them brought back a medal from London 2012!

I don't understand how you'd begrudge amateur sports people some of the few perks they receive for the countless free entertainment they provide people.

Great sportspeople are considered heroes in nearly every culture, people are naturally going to admire them. The GAA certainly wouldn't be the first sporting organisation in Ireland that I'd associate arrogance with either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

The need for a big spud dinner 7 nights a week. I know fellas and they'd think you were gay for having a salad or a paninni. They have to get the schpuds, mate, gravy, veg and a pint of milk for "da dinnah" every single day.
    Jesus, imagine having a lasagna, stir fry, curry, or even an Indian for your dinner. Are you fecking mad or what? Im having the schpuds.

Boiled spuds, pork chops, peas and gravy for the dinner tonight. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Free entertainment? Have you paid a ticket for a GAA match lately? 30euro for a typical Stand ticket! Should they really be idolised as Gods though even if they are great at their job and provide entertainment? Im thinking of the way many of them walk into jobs provided by their buddies in the GAA when the majority of ordinary people dont have that option and have to emigrate. Should they get paid thousands (and they do) for turning up to a hotel and handing out a few table quiz tickets? Should they get free cars etc as one of their "perks"? Its far too much attention and adulation in my opinion and I know what Im talking about here, it makes many of them insufferable..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

The way we idolise and make celebrities of Hurling players:

I wouldn't to be able to recognise a single hurler from the entire history of the game and I'd say I'm in the majority of the population in that.

What I hate about Irish people is that they think that if they ask you for a favour then the onus is on you to to comply rather than it being them who are creating the 'imbalance.' Things like asking to use your phone or for a cigarette in the street or friends asking to borrow money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

West-Britery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭pcardin

Can't say that I hate but certainly there are few things I dislike very much.
    - Sense of time. An hour too late is ok for everything.
    - Bullsh1ting. This is pointed more towards those working in a customer service section of any type of business. Instead of simply saying " I don't know" they will be allways feeding some utter bshit just to sound smart.:mad:

and now of course, I can fcuk off to my home country! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Jedward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭MOC88

Patronising politicians who don't have a clue what they're actually talking about but jsut keep changing the subject/attacking another parties policies/refuse to answer questions directly

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Red Star Bellend

The general begrudgery that's ingrained in this country.

GAA bigots.

The country's obsession with the English Premier League.

Bandwagonism.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement