Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you hate about Irish people

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

K-9 wrote: »
    Personally, they are selfish morons, so full of personal outrage, they can't see the big picture!

But yes, it generally wouldn't be bleeding hearts!

Maybe you could give a few examples?

sorry, ill clarify :)

I meant the type who ring in to sympathise with idiotic behaviour! the type who complain that their neighbors 20 year old son Jimmy sprayed his face with pesticide and isnt it an absolute shame that it did not say 'DO NOT SPRAY ON FACE' on the label?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    Anyone how wears a Celtic is a scumbag,

Troll!
    who sells drugs to support his 10 children ,

Troll!
    who also wear celtic jerseys and tell everyone there dad is in the IRA:rolleyes:

And another Troll!

D.R cowboy do not post in this thread again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

I hate earth people:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

storm2811 wrote: »
    The way some people still think sex is bad and taboo,sure you should never talk about sex..:eek:
    No dont talk about sex just do it:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭maninasia

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm absolutely intrigued by all the people saying "We" this and "We" that, who feel they are exempt, and better than other Irish people.
    Here's a question for all the enlightened anti Irish Irish cu... I mean people: if you were abroad and you got abuse for being Irish, which of the following ways would you react:
    - "Yes indeed sir, I am a worthless piece of sh1t - I shall now bend over for you"
    Or
    - "Oh I know the Irish are sh1te but I'm different - I'm not like the rest of them"

There is one stereotype associated with the Irish: that of us being pitiful minions, well satirised by The Simpsons' leprechaun guy - by god does this thread drive that home.

Begrudgery isn't exclusive to Ireland and sometimes people dislike successful people not because they are successful but because they are kunts.

No, people like you who act like you're so much better than the Irish, despite being Irish yourself, are the arrogant ones.

It is of course reasonable to be critical of aspects of Irish society - incompetent government, woeful health service, woeful infrastructure, some very smallminded pockets throughout the island... don't see how it's necessary though to speak about Irish people in a way that would be deemed racist if it were about any other people, or indeed if members of another people spoke about the Irish the way we're spoken of here. And I'm not one for national pride either, but by the same token, I don't understand national shame.

"Oh Jaysus Joe, raping and god knows what else"... Are you a 70-year-old woman?

Irish people are responsible for that... how?

They are responsible because they'd rather spout PC bullsh%t all day instead of instituting a proper judicial and law enforcement system, for the 21st century! I gave that example, admittedly extreme, to show the ridiculous system and how it blatantly fails to protect citizens. IDENTIFY A PROBLEM, FIX IT!!!! ( I note your trite remark and discard it to the gutter it deserves to fall in)..

There of course all types of Irish people, but it frustrates me that the majority are so conservative that they would rather the current broken system than anything new. Also easily led, easy to complain...and not easy to protest.
    These are problems shared worldwide in different aspects..but it's right to have higher expectations of your home country. I think hate is too strong a word here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Anyone how wears a Celtic is a scumbag, who sells drugs to support his 10 children , who also wear celtic jerseys and tell everyone there dad is in the IRA:rolleyes:

Not sure if serious...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

maninasia wrote: »
    They are responsible because they'd rather spout PC bullsh%t all day instead of instituting a proper judicial and law enforcement system, for the 21st century! I gave that example, admittedly extreme, to show the ridiculous system and how it blatantly fails to protect citizens. IDENTIFY A PROBLEM, FIX IT!!!! ( I note your trite remark and discard it to the gutter it deserves to fall in)..

There of course all types of Irish people, but it frustrates me that the majority are so conservative that they would rather the current broken system than anything new. Also easily led, easy to complain...and not easy to protest.
    These are problems shared worldwide in different aspects..but it's right to have higher expectations of your home country. I think hate is too strong a word here.
    - You said Irish people spout PC bullsh1t, then you said they're conservative
    - You whinged "they" (Irish people apart from you) don't bother doing anything about Irish society - you have also done fuk all, therefore you belong with "them" but are so arrogant you believe you're different and better
    - You believe a comment that's in disagreement with you belongs in the gutter

Go you.

Go me thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Hate Scumbags. Townies, Knackers.. People who's only aim is to cause hassle on other people. Selfish lowlifes and there's a good amount of them in ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I hate everything about Irish people including myself for being born one. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go to mass and read opinion pieces in the Indo so my betters can make me feel adequately worthless. And when I'm done, I'll put myself on my ignore list.

*above contains sarcasm*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Bruce7

That's like, a load of like, nonsense. Like focking hell mate, there's a soccer club in like Clontarf, explain that? Becuse there's no like, povs there I assure you like.

You're conveniently overlooking Conquer Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Their terrible sense of style, their irrational love of Palestine, Irish language apologists, people that can't have fun without drinking, girls that still don't shave their gineys, supermacs, GAA, smug league of ireland fans, joe duffy and his followers, begrudgery, wasters on the dole, pajamas worn outdoors, wasters in australia for a year, skanger mullets, aslan. That about covers it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Irish people who dont want to/ or against speaking the irish language.

Irish people's lack of style and blatent disregard for someone who may have some.

Lack of any sense of rhythm on the dancefloor. Can only dance to the Irish rover which is moshing in circles really.

Irish people who think they're in the states all the time.OMG !!!!!!!!!!!Awesome . Lets do lunch !!!!!

Irish people (girls) who think they're absolutely fcuking brilliant and hot , prancing around with ego's as big as LA even though California is probably bigger than the whole Ireland .Never seen the like ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

They're on joe duffy now giving out yards about dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 42 eoin_mulhern

The idiots who think snobbery is being cultured...

A few are present in this thread ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

changes wrote: »
    They're on joe duffy now giving out yards about dublin

You listen to Joe Duffy !!!! No hope for you at all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

Joe's the man.... i can be found each weekday with a cup of tea in my hand making disapproving noises beside the radio!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Joe Duffy is a professional gobsh!te. Listening to his show is the auditory version of a lobotomy.

I'm sure theres some oul wan on right now givin out about contramaception or something. "The pill, Joe, tis called the pill!"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    I have it when tools like yourself say 'mate' in an attempt to be English. Piss off and live over there then. Your an embarrassment.
    I must be an anglophile because I used the word "mate"? I take it you're not a member of mensa.

"No, people like you who act like you're so much better than the Irish, despite being Irish yourself, are the arrogant ones".

Thats complete bullsh#t and a huge leap of judgement. Just because I said that I disliked something does not in any way mean that I think im better than anyone. Theres loads of things I do that im sure a lot of people dont like. I didnt know we were in some McCarthyist Ireland where to make any criticism is to be unIrish. Societies are always healthy where criticism is discouraged arent they.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

I must be an anglophile because I used the word "mate"? I take it you're not a member of mensa.

I just noticed this, does he have some grudge against english people and unionists he's always attacking them? Anyway, the last time i checked the word mate is irish.

caseyann wrote: »
    Its funny Op titled like he isnt Irish :D and lumps himself there when he is :D so he hates his family friends etc.. attitudes :pac:
    So because im Irish myself I cant criticise anything Irish. Well I guess we'll just have to accept everything we're given in this country then.

Thats complete bullsh#t and a huge leap of judgement. Just because I said that I disliked something does not in any way mean that I think im better than anyone. Theres loads of things I do that im sure a lot of people dont like. I didnt know we were in some McCarthyist Ireland where to make any criticism is to be unIrish.
    I didn't either, so I don't know where that's coming from. You specifically said "What do you hate about Irish people" - I note you've now moved the goalposts to "anything Irish".
    So because im Irish myself I cant criticise anything Irish. Well I guess we'll just have to accept everything we're given in this country then.
    Of course you can criticise this country and society - although just sitting there whingeing and not doing anything about the issues that concern you makes you just as apathetic as those you condemn, bit like that Maninasia guy. Criticising Ireland does not require making anti Irish comments about Irish people though - and yeah, you are Irish so it IS arrogant of you to be so convinced you're exempt.
    I'm not a fan of a lot of aspects of this society, and I'm certainly not an advocate of national pride, but that doesn't mean I have the right to act like a dick and put Irish people in a box and label it, nor bow down to anti Irish prejudice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

People who say ''I seen'' and ''I done''
    Give me a sec to get my hard hat on......ok fire away!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

They are like sheep!

They can't form their own opinion on anything!!!!:D

I didn't either, so I don't know where that's coming from. You specifically said "What do you hate about Irish people" - I note you've now moved the goalposts to "anything Irish".

Of course you can criticise this country and society - although just sitting there whingeing and not doing anything about the issues that concern you makes you just as apathetic as those you condemn, bit like that Maninasia guy. Criticising Ireland does not require making anti Irish comments about Irish people though - and yeah, you are Irish so it IS arrogant of you to be so convinced you're exempt.
    I'm not a fan of a lot of aspects of this society, and I'm certainly not an advocate of national pride, but that doesn't mean I have the right to act like a dick and put Irish people in a box and label it, nor bow down to anti Irish prejudice.
    You said in your last post : "No, people like you who act like you're so much better than the Irish, despite being Irish yourself, are the arrogant ones".

So im arrogant and I think im better than everyone else because I personally dont like something that Irish people do. Better shut my mouth then in future so I dont upset anyone.

On your second point, I never once mentioned public apathy in this country anywhere on this thread.

Oh yeah and I am exempt from my origianl post because I dont say "sure everyone loves us" nor do I say "everyone wants to be Irish".

You said in your last post : "No, people like you who act like you're so much better than the Irish, despite being Irish yourself, are the arrogant ones".

So im arrogant and I think im better than everyone else because I personally dont like something that Irish people do. Better shut my mouth then in future so I dont upset anyone.
    Why are these just what Irish people do? Maybe it's because they're dickheads first and foremost, their Irishness being incidental? What about all the Irish people who DON'T do these things?

It doesn't require the ****ing slamming of an entire people (which you're a member of) you know...

Why are these just what Irish people do? Maybe it's because they're dickheads first and foremost, their Irishness being incidental? What about all the Irish people who DON'T do these things?

It doesn't require the ****ing slamming of an entire people (which you're a member of) you know...
    I didnt slam an entire people. I slammed Irish people who say "sure everyone loves us" and "everyone wants to be Irish". OMFG is all this over pragmatics.

• Advertisement

Where's the 'anti-Irish' comments, you are just getting ants in your pants about some fair criticism, I didn't see any anti-Irish prejudice here. Even if English people had something to say about Ireland right now I'd still take it on board if it was well reasoned...listen to it for it's substance not for who is saying it. Anyway personally I don't 'hate' any group of people.

Have a look at this article, says it all really
    http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/wake-up-and-save-this-rotting-republic-of-greed-2284658.html

Since I don't live in Ireland I don't have the vote (another topic for discussion, the politcal parties in Ireland would hate to let overseas Irish vote, we couldn't be bought off with local politics..an unknown quantity in their equation) and can't do much about the situation. The Irish government wasn't interested in any of my ideas of increasing trade and culture links in this part of the world, in fact they are reducing representation in Asia although it is the single most important trade area of the 21st century, it's not in Boston or Berlin. Their visa rules are ridiculous towards most Asian countries citizens and there are no direct flights to Asia. Just changing a couple of these things could bring a huge boon to the economy. It's not on their radar or in their understanding it seems. Maybe will get some consideration in the current predicament but we shall see. Might live in Ireland if I could get a decent job but not likely anytime soon wouldn't you say. Set up a business there..just not worth it due to high rates, high labour costs and lack of economic transport routes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement