Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for where to get a good dog bed?

Options
  • 01-08-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Does anyone have know where I could get a good dog bed? Ideally not too expensive, and something that can't be torn apart too easy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

I got a Trojan waterproof bed from Bronte Glen (online store). Only €5 for delivery. Robust and strong.

www.bronteglen.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

That's a good site. Unless the dog is a crazy chewer a regular plastic bed (try zooplus.co.uk) is easy to wash and then with a cheap fleece and then a layer of vet bed is comfy and easy to wash. Some dogs appreciate the comfort so much they won't even think of chewing it up.

Vet bed is brill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

If your dog likes to sleep curled up buy a doughnut shaped one, and if he/she likes to stretch out buy a pillow/matress shaped one;) You'll pay for quality, the plastic bed is the cheapest option for something that will last.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

If your dog is a chewer then don't even consider anything with spongy stuffing or foam in it. Best bet as Guineapigrescue suggests is plastic bed with vet bed.
    Vet bed costs about €12 per foot (2 feet should be loads for a big dog). It is sold in most pet shops and comes on a roll which they will cut for you. It can be washed at 90 degrees if necessary and dries really quickly. It's also soft and lasts forever!
    I use it all the time for my gang and my visitors. I believe it's now available in pink and blue!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I bought a big bed for €25 in TK Max. It is made by The House of Paws & I have to say that I am quite impressed with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 jcpc16

Cool, thanks for the suggestions, gives me a few options to work with

Advertisement