Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't change my username, how about creating a second account?

Options
  • 01-08-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I'm aware I can't change my username so is there any rule against creating a new username and only logging into this current account to perhaps check old posts etcs?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Bump.

Can I get a reply please? People who have asked questions after mine have long since been answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hiya

You've got a completely clean user history so there's no hassle with that at all. We'd prefer that people use only one account unless there's a good reason for two so I suggest a migration (or rather an abandonment and rebirth) rather than hanging on to both.

I'm assuming you know that name changes are available to subscribers. If you don't want to go the subscription route then starting a new account with your desired username is totally OK by us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

sceptre wrote: »
    Hiya

You've got a completely clean user history so there's no hassle with that at all. We'd prefer that people use only one account unless there's a good reason for two so I suggest a migration (or rather an abandonment and rebirth) rather than hanging on to both.

I'm assuming you know that name changes are available to subscribers. If you don't want to go the subscription route then starting a new account with your desired username is totally OK by us.

Thanks.

Noticed there's no thanks button in this forum when there should be!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

LA3G wrote: »
    Thanks.

Noticed there's no thanks button in this forum when there should be!
    No hassle.

It'd lead to cheerleading on one side or another when someone has a problem with a forum ban:)

Advertisement