Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your first drink

Options
  • 01-08-2010 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

Outta interest - where did you start drinking ;)

Where were you when you started drinking 202 votes

With your Parents
    0% 0 votes
    In the house but parents didn't know
    25% 52 votes
    In a pub/club
    11% 23 votes
    In a field (or a public park for ye city slickers ;) )
    23% 47 votes
    Somewhere else more interesting than I can think of to put in this poll
    39% 80 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My dad worked for a drinks company so in my garage where all the free beer was, as a kid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

From a can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I never started.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

My dad worked for a drinks company so in my garage where all the free beer was, as a kid

Your Dad was Duffman? Ohhhh yeeeeaaaaaah!

I started drinking in a pub. So, not really unusual there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

A McKewons Larger when I was 13.

It literally put a hair on my chest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Your Dad was Duffman? Ohhhh yeeeeaaaaaah!

I started drinking in a pub. So, not really unusual there.

Now that I think about it he pretty much is :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

In a field. The older lads in the estate used to give us the dregs of their Fosters cans if they were in a good mood. Was about 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

In an ex boyfriend's house. Cans of Ritz which is something I haven't touched since. I'm not even sure if it's available anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

johnmcdnl wrote: »

I've been told it was in the Rotunda Hospital and it was breast milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Smirnoff Ice in a hotel in Jersey on a karate club trip, I was 15.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Slane 98

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

Got a sip of wine at home when I was a kid of 6 or 7 at home on Christmas day I think.

Thought it was revolting. Opinions on it have changed somewhat since then ... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

A Hotel room in Paris when I was 17.

I remember the day, the germans wore grey, and you wore blue. :D

Was with a youth group. Fun times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

My parents let me drink shandy when I was like 7 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

johnmcdnl wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I was 17 and it was a west coast cooler my dad bought me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

Auld lad bought me 2 bottles of beer on a paddy's day when i was 16, he said it was better to have me drinking with him so i wouldn't be out gettin in trouble and drinking to much and being sick.

Dead right to, if more auld lads were like him we wouldn't have so many feckin idiot kids gettin so messed up on booze all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

MultiUmm wrote: »
    Got a sip of wine at home when I was a kid of 6 or 7 at home on Christmas day I think.

Thought it was revolting. Opinions on it have changed somewhat since then ... :o

Oh,actually that post just reminded me!
    I was about 6 or so and got up one morning, downed what i thought was just a bottle of 7 up in one go, but turned out there was plenty of vodka in it too, which had been left over from the night before.
    I fell into the open dishwasher, which is were my parents found me when they got up :o

I'd forgotten bout that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Cans in a field before going to a dishko to celebrate finishing the Juniour. That was the first "proper" drink, I'd tasted it before when the parents or people over were drinking of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

The first time I drank was on a French Exchange. I was only 15 and it was whiskey:D. Sweet Christ my head hurt the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

It was at a teenage disco up in the boys secondary school, we went to the fields behind the school Old English cans and a naggin of huzzar vodka ,we went in to the disco steaming drunk got caught and parents had to be called :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

SMA in the County hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gu10

I distinctly remember taking a sip of whiskey from a bottle here at home when i was 3 or possibly 4. gawd that stuff tasted vile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

A sip of Carlsberg in a pub was my first, I was about 5. I went and puked me ring up in the toilet, still can't drink Carlsberg.:(

First out with the lads was Bulmers.

First time drunk was vodka and Bulmers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

My ma let me have a shandy when i was 11

I remember you used to be able to get cans of shandy bass from Tesco/Crazy Prices. It was 0.5% and i think anyone could buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

First one was in a club early last year, a bottle of Corona :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

First drink was a pint of cider down in Curracloe Wexford. I think I was 18 and a bit, I actually felt tipsey after it. I was with my friend and his dad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Bulmers because it tasted like cidona. Now it tastes like ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

At my friends first house party. I drank a litre of Fat Frog.
    The whole thing was a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

Ah, memories.

Was 12, the summer before first year and a group of us (little cúnts every last one) planned to go into town on the lock, so I got together £20, fished outside the offy for ages and eventually someone came along, he asked what I wanted, I didn't have a clue- so said get whatever. He comes out with some diabolical dishwater white wine, and says it cost £20. Thought nothing of it.

Anyway, got to town only to find everyone else decided not to drink, they chickened out. fúck them I thought, and downed the whole bottle there and then. Puked in Stephens' green, puked on the O'Connell bridge, puked in Grafton Street, puked all over an old man on the bus. Fell in the door, stinking of wine and puke and probably píss, the aul one's standing there- 'what in the bejaysisssss', I fell flat out on the carpet and went 'had a pizza don't feel well' and then puked the rest of the bottle all over the carpet and the furniture.

Didn't see the light of day for the rest of the summer. Good times.

Advertisement