Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your first drink

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭AshSmith

I was 15, there was a new girl in school who was 16 and in my class we became friends, i started drinking naggins straight for a year or so once a week or so! A few people are shocked that i didnt start drinking by a sip of wine or beer at dinner with the fam!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

My first experiences with drink came when I was about 16 and trying to learn snooker in a local mining club. This was in South Africa, where they weren't too careful about age, but it paid to drink slowly and carefully, because snooker is hard enough when you're sober ... :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

When I was about 9 I snuck a sip of barcardi.
    After that I was 12 and brought a few cans out to my friend's hay shed on halloween and it's all gone downhill from there.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

No non drinkers option? Atari club orange? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

A friend aquired a bottle of Malibu, which we polished off between the 2 of us. I haven't been able to look at a bounty bar since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

mine was when i was with my dad on holidays in spain,i was about 15 or 16,he kept buying me bacardi watermelon flavour or some crap,woke up and got sick in the middle of the night and it was bright red like the drinks,i thought it was blood :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

I was 14, it was a bottle of Mugshot - between 3 of us. Pissed we were, absolutely smashed, or so we liked to think :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Sparkling cider in a field when I was 12. Living the good life back then I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Vodka and red bull when I was 16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

michelob...

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It was my 18th, in a pub with my parents.

I chose pub/club in the poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

My Da, when i was around 15 he'd always offer me a Miller with my dinner. Maybe another 1 or 2 after. He wasn't an alcoholic btw, tbf i'm happy i started with him, i hate the young ones who start off in the fields, getting way to drunk, breaking things etc and causing a load of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

In a field, 2 cans of cider ,got someone to get them the day before and had them stashed away for the occasion.

12 i think we were ,great owl crack, (apart from the puking over a wall) the 1st couple of years drinking usually had a puke thrown in somewhere ,thankfully that stopped soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mine was whiskey aged 14 in 1999 down the back of the cinema during The Talented Mister Ripley.

I needed it to get through that steaming pile of sh*te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

sipped my parents drink as a kid.

i remember the first time i got hammered, twas in a field, "Devil's Pit" cider, not even a half a flagon and i was gee-eyed. i remember being on my hands and knees in the field and blowing the hole off myself in front of all the lads.. :o there was some scatterin match..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

i remember the first time i got hammered, twas in a field, "Devil's Pit" cider, not even a half a flagon and i was gee-eyed. i remember being on my hands and knees in the field and blowing the hole off myself in front of all the lads.. :o there was some scatterin match..

Flutt's gonna be in here within ten minutes asking for elaboration, I guarantee it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I became a pioneer in national school. The day after I joined the club I found a can of Heineken behind the priests house. I reckon it was a sign from satan, a sign I took full heed of. I drank that can of Heineken right down right there and then. My life has been a slippery slope of debauchery ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Devil's Bit even??! A hoor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Devil's Bit even??! A hoor.

oh was it? can't remember now, it was woeful stuff altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Carlos59

I there an alcoholic based board on this site....?? I'm an xdrunk but not a isolationist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Carlos59

Guess not..cheers mates...cya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

When I was about 8 years old, my grandmother used to drink two pints of Guinness every night, my sister told me it was coca cola, let's just say it was my first time to see a Guinness in reverse!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

17, in Temple bar music centre (now the Button Factory), pineapple bacardi breezers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Carlos59 wrote: »
    I there an alcoholic based board on this site....?? I'm an xdrunk but not a isolationist.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1015

I was 11 or 12. Was in a friend's house and it was Christmas eve. He gave me a can of Smithwicks. Did not like it. Tried a few different cans (sips). Settled on Furstenburg.

First time getting drunk was a few months later. I was cycling by the Scout's den and a couple of older lads from the estate were drinking there. One had cider, the other had beer. 3 or 4 cans of snakebite later and my cycle home through a dark laneway resulted in me falling off my bike several times and laughing every time. It was fun. Didn't puke either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I think I was about 9 or 10, my father thought it would be funny to give me some Poitín he had just finished making. All I remember was my throat burning and he sat in the corner laughing at me haha!

Long story short I became a pretty good drinker of Poitín, I especially like it mixed with 7 up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Had sipped my Das Guinness a couple of times as a kid. Had a can of Bud with a mate when I was 12, he drank a load of different spirits and was sick as a dog, ha.

I think the first proper time then was I was 14. Cans of Scrumpy Hornet in a field. Ahh the days of drinking without a hangover....

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

In a pub in Lourdes on a school trip, I was 13

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Whiskey stolen from home, in a friends attic. Was about fifteen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

It was in a nightclub, on a school tour to Spain ... my friend and I drank a Peach Schnapps and Sprite between us and thought we were drunk afterwards! :rolleyes: We were fifteen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

At my friend's house for her birthday. I was 17.

My first drink; a neat shot of Absinthe.

:)

Advertisement