Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your first drink

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

12 years old, me and my pal went halves on a 2lr bottle of Old Somerset cider. It was great fun. Cycled around the town then, fairly pissed. Did it every saturday afternoon then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭lazyQuestions

14 field... anyone know how to stop?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Not sure if it was the first, but i remember Getting drunk off 4 pints of guinness my friend bought me in walters in Dun Laoghaire. I thought it tasted bitter, so he put blackcurrent into it

Been a slippery slope ever since :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Drank Guinness with some sugar in it from time to time when I was a kid. Probably started drinking properly when I was 16. Used to go with my Dad most weekends. I remember thinkin how great it felt sitting in a pub drinking pints with the aul lad. Id come of age! :D
    That was around the same time, I started drinking in fields with friends from school. Also found a dubious pub in the area that was always crammed with under 18's and serving them beer as fast was was humanly possible! Thats when I retired from outdoor pursuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

15 - halloween night - rotten devils bit cider!
    6 bottles for a 5er though lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Riddickcule

In an alleyway in Sligo. Don't ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

15, at "the tracks", an abandoned part of the Ennis-Galway railway. I had a naggin of Henessy, with no mixer. God only knows how I kept it all down...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

technically was when I was either 10(mass)/15(wedding reception-not sure if I accidently drank someones coke who had vodka in it or else it was my own glass of coca cola/17(tasteing wine at home) but officially it was when I was 17 at a wedding had a proper glass of wine for the toast!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I was 15... in a pub in Dublin called "Handels" at the time... and the tipple of choice was Bulmers...

Hadn't been back since...

Never conciously ordered Bulmers since...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Was 14, the ould sneaky can robbed at Xmas time.

Got served in my local for the first time about a month before me 16th birthday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

In a field when I was 14

1 naggon of vodka and I was absolutey blotto. Ended up pissing myself in bed and everything

Nothing's changed since:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Horse_box wrote: »
    In a field when I was 14

1 naggon of vodka and I was absolutey blotto. Ended up pissing myself in bed and everything

Nothing's changed since:)

Nice, and suits your user name. A guy called horsebox pissing himself after drinking is proper order.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

had my first pint in a local pub at 15, nearly 20 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I was quite old - 15, went for a curry with my mate's mom and dad; they asked me if I was allowed to drink, I lied and said yes; so I had a Budweiser in the Indian (horrible drink).

Second drink, a few weeks later, at another mate's house, was Scotch - eurgh

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

had my first pint in a local pub at 15, nearly 20 years ago

Great username!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

brummytom wrote: »
    I was quite old - 15, went for a curry with my mate's mom and dad; they asked me if I was allowed to drink, I lied and said yes; so I had a Budweiser in the Indian (horrible drink).

Second drink, a few weeks later, at another mate's house, was Scotch - eurgh

I see 2 problems right there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

few glasses of wine at my confirmation - the parents said i could have one glass. So i kept drinking and refilling! It was still the same glass!

Also - boy was I buckled! Tried to cycle my bike and crashed into a tree

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

I had a sip or two of different drinks when i was a kid, but my first drink when i started drinking was at work, we had like a customer xmas party with lots of free booze and whatever was leftover was for staff. i didn't drink at all at the time,[cough straight edge cough] but i was so thirsty from cleaning up and beer was the only thing that was cold so i cracked open a bottle and never looked back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Ah, memories.

Was 12, the summer before first year and a group of us (little cúnts every last one) planned to go into town on the lock, so I got together £20, fished outside the offy for ages and eventually someone came along, he asked what I wanted, I didn't have a clue- so said get whatever. He comes out with some diabolical dishwater white wine, and says it cost £20. Thought nothing of it.

Anyway, got to town only to find everyone else decided not to drink, they chickened out. fúck them I thought, and downed the whole bottle there and then. Puked in Stephens' green, puked on the O'Connell bridge, puked in Grafton Street, puked all over an old man on the bus. Fell in the door, stinking of wine and puke and probably píss, the aul one's standing there- 'what in the bejaysisssss', I fell flat out on the carpet and went 'had a pizza don't feel well' and then puked the rest of the bottle all over the carpet and the furniture.

Didn't see the light of day for the rest of the summer. Good times.

How can you put good times at the end of that? seriously??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

By old man was a strict bol*ix, would not tolerate any alcohol until the age of 18, not even a sup of table wine. First time getting seriously drunk was on home brew at about 16 years old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Offaly :p

In my granny's old haunted house. I told my dad (back in cork) me and my friends were watching the constant gardener

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Bruxxelles, harry Street, down the stairs to the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

First ever taste was probably from my dad or an uncle or something at a family thing like a wedding.

But I started drinking on the Plaza in Waterford when I was about 15, used to get someone older to go down to centra and buy a bunch or nagins of vodka and some bottles of coke and we'd all chill out and drink all day

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mick_jt

On the night of the Junior Cert. results night. On the way to a disco with a nagan of vodka. Got off the bus and there was a line of about twenty boys from our bus taking a piss, it was comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

Age 12, my cousin's garage in Roscommon. 6 cans of Dutch Gold. Love at first sip, almost 8 years on some of my Pal's still call me captain dutchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

21, never drank yet

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

titan18 wrote: »
    21, never drank yet

Thats the way to go really, if you're not dying to get drunk its probably for the best. I love the jars but its left my body in an absolute state.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

I was 14 with the parents at a cousin's 21st. Someone recommended that I start off on something easy to drink.

So yeah, my first drink was Blue WKD.

I quickly learned to move onto a more 'heterosexual' drink Budweiser (aka ratpiss), before I eventually found my beer of choice (Miller, or any German beer that's going).

Advertisement