Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Point Village

Options
  • 01-08-2010 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭

Was there today piddled down when it stopped started getting some food everything was ok reasonable priced and my daughter wanted prawns so went to the Fish place and was charged €8 for about 6 prawns what a rip off never again and shame on your company .:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭seensensee

Did you have a go on the Dublin eye for only *cough* €9 per person?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Hootanany wrote: »
    Was there today piddled down when it stopped started getting some food everything was ok reasonable priced and my daughter wanted prawns so went to the Fish place and was charged €8 for about 6 prawns what a rip off never again and shame on your company .:mad:

And you payed them the 8 euro?? Own fault so
    Theres a place in Clondalkin http://www.aromafoods.ie/

Sells all kinds asian food and so on i got big bag of jumbo prawns in there one time for think was a tenner lasted me ages.

Seriously check place out anyone looking for decent Asian food/veg/meat/fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

seensensee wrote: »

No 23 lids for a family the sky was grey as well to dear

And you payed them the 8 euro?? Own fault so
    Theres a place in Clondalkin http://www.aromafoods.ie/

Sells all kinds asian food and so on i got big bag of jumbo prawns in there one time for think was a tenner lasted me ages.

Seriously check place out anyone looking for decent Asian food/veg/meat/fruit.

I know much better value will avoid from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I must admit I nearly fell out of my chair when it was reported on the news

9 euro for a go in the big wheel ... you have to be kidding !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

9 euro sounds alright to me - the London one is £18 pp afaik and worth it very enjoyable experience.
    If it is a pleasant experience then 9 is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

lynski wrote: »
    9 euro sounds alright to me - the London one is £18 pp afaik and worth it very enjoyable experience.
    If it is a pleasant experience then 9 is ok

Its not really that pleasant, myself and the OH where driving by it on sunday. And i said, 'ah sure we'll have a go on it'!! parked the car....€3. So we paid the €9 each, and then the fear set in. I hate heights!! But i thought the spectatular views would keep my mind off the terrifying drop. Anyway, up we went, for the first half of the turn i stared at the side of the O2, as we got higher i stared out towards the sea, and at the top, as i was frozen with fear i was only capable of staring straight.......which was straight at the next 'cabin' thing on the wheel. We went around 5 times, and i was more then happy to get off thing.
    You would have a much better view if you went up the mountains, or were in a relatively tall building........the guiness storehouse or Smitfield Tower.
    so for me, it was very disappointing

I wonder how long it will last at those prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Why would people pay 9 blips to get a birds eye view of the junkies on the boardwalk?

More money than sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

seensensee wrote: »

For just 4 rotations might I add.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Actually done a little checking

London Eye is indeed around 18 POUNDS... but , that is somewhat larger and much more impressive ( 135 M high as opposed to 60m )

Manchester there is a very similar setup ( indeed run by the same people )... costs 7.50 pounds ( or 6.75 is pre booked online )... so actually around the same price.

Liverpool / Weston Super Mare are around the same price .

So I take it back..... but however still an expensive treat for the family .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Actually done a little checking

London Eye is indeed around 18 POUNDS... but , that is somewhat larger and much more impressive ( 135 M high as opposed to 60m )

Manchester there is a very similar setup ( indeed run by the same people )... costs 7.50 pounds ( or 6.75 is pre booked online )... so actually around the same price.

Liverpool / Weston Super Mare are around the same price .

So I take it back..... but however still an expensive treat for the family .

its for tourists. And the muppets who want the VIP death trap box. :rolleyes:

Advertisement