Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you leave a job can you apply for dole?

• 01-08-2010 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

hi I am currently on the dole but I was offered a job.i am supposed to be starting at the end of the week.Im not sure if i will last long in this job as its boring and poor pay .If i left the job when could i get dole again?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭nojunkmaill

Stay in the job until you find something else. I don't get this attitude "I'd be better of on the dole".

The Dole isn't there to suit you when you need it.

If you leave a job you will be disallowed for up to 9 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭fire_man

I havent taken the job yet,

To answer your question again, if you leave your job you will be disallowed for up to 9 weeks.

It's not something that's looked upon favourably anyway, not with a "Because I was bored" attitude anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

To answer your question again, if you leave your job you will be disallowed for up to 9 weeks.

It's not something that's looked upon favourably anyway, not with a "Because I was bored" attitude anyway.
    if you leave
    you get no dole
    as you should be getting a letter from employer stating that they no longer have a position for you due to not having the work, along with your p45 or p60

goat2 wrote: »
    if you leave
    you get no dole
    as you should be getting a letter from employer stating that they no longer have a position for you due to not having the work, along with your p45 or p60

Of course you get the dole (means tested obviously if it's Job Seekers Allowance) but it can be up to 9 weeks before they will put you in payment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement