Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital radio - Malahide

Options
  • 01-08-2010 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi

Does anyone know if you can pick up a digital radio signal in Malahide. I was thinking of buying a digital radio but was unsure if I could pick up a signal.

Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Coverage map here - it looks like pretty much the whole of DCN is covered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Just a footnote, you can only pick up Irish digital Radio channels if your like me and like to listen to the BBC. Some retailers sell radios(tesco) that indicate UK radio channels on the packaging but you can only pick up Irish Digital channels on DAB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

...and as of last year you can only get RTE channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

I have one, works fine although I sometimes lose some of the BBC stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

I have one, works fine although I sometimes lose some of the BBC stations.

Must be an internet radio? You can't get BBC channels on DAB in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

dubmick wrote: »
    Must be an internet radio? You can't get BBC channels on DAB in Ireland

I'm showing my ignorance now, I didn't know there was a difference :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Yes - you can get Dab signals easily on malahide. You'll get all six of them, all rte. As stated, you can only get BBC on wifi, however this hopefully will be changing soon as a result of the good Friday agreement, of all things. However, the beeb may be using a slightly different version of dab, called dab+, so op make sure you buy a radio that's firmware upgradable. More info in the radio forum or feel free to pm me

Advertisement