Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changed network, old number not transferred

Options
  • 01-08-2010 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I got an O2 sim today, and my meteor number was meant to be transferred to it in 2 hours. So after about 2 and half hours I put the O2 sim in the phone, but its still got a different number, and the €10 credit I was supposed to get has gone to that number as well.

Its now about 6 hours since I did this, in the O2 shop, is the number not going to change, and am I down €10 credit as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The number will change, due to the bank holiday its probably taking longer. It might not happen until tuesday im afraid. You just have to wait it out....

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Tony_Yeboah

If you switched from bill pay to pre pay it can take a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you switched from bill pay to pre pay it can take a couple of days.

It shouldn't really, most ports should be done in a few hours, once its inside the hours 8-6 weekdays and 10 till 4 at weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Tony_Yeboah

Davy wrote: »
    It shouldn't really, most ports should be done in a few hours, once its inside the hours 8-6 weekdays and 10 till 4 at weekends

Thats what i thought too. Recently switched from O2 bill pay to Meteor pre pay and it took 3 working days to port my number. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

O2 off to a great start there with their 2 hours :rolleyes: Cheers for the replies anyway, now to play the waiting game :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

call up o2 1850601747 from your landline and ask them for an update. if there's an issue you'll be waiting for ever and the port will never be done, calling them means you can address it right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

There have been problem's porting onto and off of O2 since Thursday evening. still not resolved

Advertisement