Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in mallow

Options
  • 02-08-2010 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

what's after happening with this place? there is almost nowhere to park a car for free except there beside 4home which probably won't last either and the council put up barriers on the pavement to discourage its use

just saw a thing that says they are looking to extend the pay parking thing

http://www.ga.etenders.gov.ie/search/show/search_view.aspx?ID=JUL162310

'shop local ma' me arse, they cant fleece people for parking and still expect people to shop there. but where can they possibly extend their pay parking to? they have the whole town destroyed already.

ah feck, i miss the good old days when you could just park on the side of the road and nobody would notice. but now its all rules, rules and doing everything by the book. its like they don't actually want you there at all even though a lot of the shops are only just getting by

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Isn't the Dunnes underground car park in Market Square free? I think you can park there for 3 hours and no charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭peteandjenn

Yep the dunnes car park is free for 3 hours and also you can park in tesco for as long as needed pay at the machine before you go and when you finish in town get a few bits instore and use the ticket to get the value off your shopping.

And also you need right good knowledge of the town to get free parking and I ain't giving away my spots :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Yep the dunnes car park is free for 3 hours and also you can park in tesco for as long as needed pay at the machine before you go and when you finish in town get a few bits instore and use the ticket to get the value off your shopping.

And also you need right good knowledge of the town to get free parking and I ain't giving away my spots :p:p

wow, I'm off to Mallow tomorrow for a meeting and though I might have a wander around after but... meh...

I much prefer the approach in West Cork towns of free parking, but don't stay longer than x hours or the warden might ticket you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I think parking is still free out the Killarney road, a lot of people parking there and go up to catch the train in the morning due to the charge in the train station car park. They started charging for the small little car park down by St James recently as well. It was always charged for the main car park, but not the small one behind the funeral home

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭crebel81

I think parking is still free out the Killarney road, a lot of people parking there and go up to catch the train in the morning due to the charge in the train station car park. They started charging for the small little car park down by St James recently as well. It was always charged for the main car park, but not the small one behind the funeral home

I live in Mallow and I also get the train. The car park in the train station is only €2 per day, which is great value. U would be lucky to get an hours parking in cork city with that kind of money. As regards the rest of the town, the place is an absolute joke. The junction at the clock tower is a traffic blackspot, every car coming from 5 different locations arriving at that stupid junction. Don't know what kind of work they do in mallow county council but it ain't much!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

the underground carpark in market square is free

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭toothie

Sorry to jump onto this thread but I couldn't find the new thread button. I will be attending a funeral in St. Mary's Church in Mallow on Wednesday. I will be travelling from the Newcastle West direction. Could anyone give me directions to this church from the outskirts of Mallow and advise on parking please?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

toothie wrote: »
    Sorry to jump onto this thread but I couldn't find the new thread button. I will be attending a funeral in St. Mary's Church in Mallow on Wednesday. I will be travelling from the Newcastle West direction. Could anyone give me directions to this church from the outskirts of Mallow and advise on parking please?

Thanks.

The attachment below has a sample map from google maps. Coming into Mallow from the Limerick side, take the second exit in the first roundabout you meet, following the dual carrigeway, take the first exit at the next roundabout. Go through a set of traffic lights, take the first right, following the road as it swings to the left, you will see a Tesco on your left, take the next left turn by the playground, up the small hill, and there is parking there, not sure how much it is, but you'll see the church from the carpark, entrance on the right as you go up the hill. You'll see it from the map

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭toothie

Thanks for your help Rebelgirl15. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

Hi I need to park in mallow train station overnight Sat, is it safe to Leave the car there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blueeyegal

I used the Train Car park on a regular basis to park overnight. Have not encountered any issues...........Normally I try to park near the station as possible!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Never had a problem parking in the station overnight. It can be very hard to get a space near the station door (at the times when I've used it - weekday mornings), the large park at the back is fine though.
    At €2 / day it's great value!

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Never had a problem parking in the station overnight. It can be very hard to get a space near the station door (at the times when I've used it - weekday mornings), the large park at the back is fine though.
    At €2 / day it's great value!

You can buy a monthly ticket there for €30 if you are using it every day - save you a tenner if you are there 5 days a week, 4 weeks in the month paying €2 a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

There is pay parking out the Killarney road now but you can get an all day ticket up there don't know how much though

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭First Focus

Hi, just looking at staying in dublin over night and travelling by train, and saw this post, is it €2 to leave the car over night as in a 24 hour stint or what way does it work, sorry to nudge in on a old thread

Hi, just looking at staying in dublin over night and travelling by train, and saw this post, is it €2 to leave the car over night as in a 24 hour stint or what way does it work, sorry to nudge in on a old thread

The price is gone up to €3 / day now. The pay and display machine will give you an option to add another 24 hour period and you can pay for that upfront.

An update on this:

If you sign up to Park by Text http://www.parkbytext.ie, you can set up an account to prepay for your parking, at €2/ day, (in Mallow). And no fumbling for the right change at the machine when you're in a hurry. I used it last weekend, found it very handy!

Edit: Just be sure to untick the auto-topup option if you won't use the service very often, it'll debit you another €20 once your balance falls below €5. This happened to me, but I park in Mallow once a month, so I'll use this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wackokid

Am I the only one having problems with Apcoa on line payment.

They won't accept my up to date debit card for one days parking and won't answer the phone either.

My bank Ulster Bank say they haven't signed up for new arrangement where customer verifies transaction on their mobile.

Seems farcical in this day and age.

If true Irish rail should notify intending passengers on their web page as they still refer us to Apcoa for parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wackokid

A day later after train trip to Dublin.

Parked in large car park east of station. Went to ticket machine. Sign says €3.50 for a day. look for slot to insert my €5 note.

It doesn't exist. Coins only. I don't have any. Long walk back to station cafe and buy the paper i don't need with a €10 note.

Walk back to machine. Insert 2 x €2 coins and hit the green button, Massage on screen says machine needs more money. Put in another €2 coin and hey presto. i now get a ticket which says Expiry Friday 20.05.22. and this hungry machine doesn't give me any change eventhough there is a slot for such an unlikely event.

I feel like going back there in the dead of night with a sledge hammer. What a dreadful outfit Apcoa are.

Advertisement