Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hillwalking Club?

Options
  • 02-08-2010 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Heya, just wondering if anyone knows about a good hillwalking club in Galway? Moving in next few weeks and would love to try this. Don't know how fit I'd need to be to take part, would love any feedback! Thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nimhbal

Thanks a mill, presume you have to be a student to join, so that rules me out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Would be very interested in this also if it exists outside of NUI

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

nimhbal wrote: »
    Thanks a mill, presume you have to be a student to join, so that rules me out!

no, they also accept normal people. memership probably around a tenner. bus fare proably around 7euro. its a day well spent and they get about a hundred going out. it will kick off around the second week of september.

there is also a galway walking club, but they tend not go over 300 metres.

Thats great will check it out. Presume they take total beginners like me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

Fuinseog wrote: »
    no, they also accept normal people.
    :)

there is also a galway walking club, but they tend not go over 300 metres.

I'm fairly sure they have different walks for different levels of fitness and
    also organize trips away.
    Try this: http://galwaywalkingclub.wordpress.com/

I'm fairly sure they have different walks for different levels of fitness and
    also organize trips away.
    Try this: http://galwaywalkingclub.wordpress.com/

make sure you have basic equipment like walking boots.no jeans.

Thanks for that, anybody know any good shops in Galway that do boots, gear, etc :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Keep an eye on Lidl or Aldi, they do reasonable hiking boots, shoes and clothes at good prices from time to time. Have the hiking boots and they are the finest and have used them well over the past six months or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Thanks for that, anybody know any good shops in Galway that do boots, gear, etc :confused:

Millets usually have a reasonable selection, they usually have a few pairs on sale. I have had a pair of light hiking boots on the go for about 3 years now, really abused them as well...

• Advertisement

millets in galway shopping centre. good value. portwest on high street. other shops have the goods you will pay more and if you are only starting out.

Thanks a mill will give them a visit.

Advertisement