Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black bins

Options
  • 02-08-2010 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I was just wondering whether there is a rule/regulation/guideline about how many black garbage bins need to be provided in a multi-apartment house?

The building I am currently renting in has four apartments and only one black bin, which is collected fortnightly! This seems ridiculously inadequate, so I looked on the Dublin City Council website to see if there is any requirement for a bin to be provided for each household, but couldn't see anything.

I contacted the landlord about this when we moved in and bins have been promised, but none have materialised at this point. Apparently they "should have arrived by now", but I met a previous tenant recently who said he'd been trying for a year to get new bins for the building.

I'd be grateful for any advice or information I could use to put a more pressure on the landlord to provide the bins. I don't even mind about bin charges!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Dont know about what the regulations are but here is the page from DCC and number you ring to request a black bin I had to do this earlier this year when i moved into the house im currently residing in it took about a month for bins to be delivered to me however bins are in my name as you said you dont mind bin charges then go for it however i would push LL as four apartments and one black bin every two weeks seems completely unacceptable why not ask the council once you ring them

http://www.dublincity.ie/WaterWasteEnvironment/Waste/pages/wastehome.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

edellc wrote: »
    Dont know about what the regulations are but here is the page from DCC and number you ring to request a black bin I had to do this earlier this year
    Erm, your post contains no numbers... :confused::rolleyes:;):(

Advertisement