Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with poster printing

Options
  • 02-08-2010 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I want to print a 3x3 poster spread over 9 A4 pages in landscape. I have the image already sized to 891x630mm in Photoshop CS4 but i don't know how to set it up to print properly. I have InDesign, Illustrater and microsoft publisher if any of them are of any use but i've never used them before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Hi shanebrk

Indesign is your best bet for this:

create a new indesign document (landscape size: 891mm x 630mm)
    On this occasion specify 0mm margins, 0mm bleed, select master text frame, click ok.

your document will open, cmnd+click on your page to select the 'text' box.

cmnd+d to place your photoshop image into the box.

save your document

cmnd+p brings up your print dialogue box

select your printer, select A4 landscape paper orientation and select 'tile'
    There are options to overlap the image, the amount of which will depend on the non-printing area (border) of your specific printer.

Here are specific instructions about tiling on the adobe site

(above are mac shortcut keys)

might be an idea to print off a test in low res greyscale to check it first

did you have any joy with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shanebrk

Big thanks for the help. I had totally forgot about it but i'm gonna give it a go now, i'll let you know how i get on

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shanebrk

Deadly, it worked perfectly, thanks again. You wouldn't believe how long i was searching on google and found nothing

no worries

• Advertisement
Advertisement