Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your Best Bargain Buy

Options
  • 02-08-2010 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭

I bought Advance Wars DS a month ago 2nd hand in GAME for €3.Quite proud of it just wondering if anyone else had any great cheap purchases be it in a Shop or at a place like Adverts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I got a black gamecube with resi 4, wind waker and metroid prime for 25 euro a couple of months back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Stalker shadow of chernobyl off steam for 2 quid at Christmas. Great game I probably wouldn't have bought.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Keithm89 wrote: »
    I got a black gamecube with resi 4, wind waker and metroid prime for 25 euro a couple of months back :)

im currently nodding my head in agreement (really i am. i read that and started nodding :) )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid expansion for 20 euros

Persona 3 and 4 for 40 euros

Panzer Dragoon Saga, Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Xmas Nights for 25 euro (check how much a PAL version of PDS goes for)

Castlevania: SOTN promo for free

Suikoden 2 for free (check the PAL price it goes for :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Ps3 slim on release for €150.

Gamestop were doing a trade in offer, trade in certain games on a list and get €30 of a preorder. Well Smyths had alot of the games on the list for €15. I bought 10 games for €15 in Smyths and traded them straight into gamestop for €300 off the ps3. Bargain, wouldn't have bought a PS3 otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

TimeSplitters 2 review disc for €3, my original disc stopped working.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Persona 3:FES & 4 being €20 on release, with soundtrack CD, was one of the best bargains of recent times.

Best memories:
    Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES) with strategy guide, £12.
    Final Fantasy IX for £8.99 :)

I think I got FFVII for £7, but as I played it after IX I don't like it, and also I lost disc 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

The THQ pack in the latest Steam sale, something like £26 for Metro 2033, Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, Company of Heroes Complete, Warhammer 1 and 2 complete and all the Red Factions to date.

Also includes: Frontlines: Fuel of War, Full Spectrum Warrior, Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers, Juiced 2, Saints Row 2, Titan Quest, Titan Quest - Immortal Throne and, best of all, World of Zoo!

Don't know what the other games are like but basically the pack worked out at a little over a pound per game (managed to buy this pack in Sterling as it was someting ridiculous like €50 on the euro site). Probably one of the best deals to ever crop up in a Steam sale with enough games to keep me going for a year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Orange Box probably, while it did cost €50 im still playing the game's today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I bought a knackered PS2 off a friend in 04 or 05 for 30 euro. It couldnt read any game discs, so he'd bought a new one. I got it home, cleaned the lens with alcohol and aligned it so it would be closer to the cd. Hey presto, one good as new PS2!

Games wise, its hard to say. Ive bought dozens of budget / on-sale PC games over the years and have gotten varying degrees of value out of them. One that springs to mind is Hitman Blood Money which I got for 7 euro. Played it to death, theres so many ways you can attack every level.
    Recently picked up Uncharted 2 for PS3 for 20 euro. Seems like alot of game for that money too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

PS3 Slim for €44 was pretty sweet. Same Gamestop deal as rizzla mentioned earlier. They were giving €30 for traded in games against a preorder. Luckily, I had some of the games already and I found some crappy DS games in Smyths to make up ten games which translated to €299 for the PS3 Slim. :D

Also, GTA 3 for a tenner preowned back in the day was pretty good too, considering I'd only every really played sports games before and it was amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Metal Gear Solid 3; Snake Eater in mint condition, 2nd hand for €3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'd say something like Torchlight that cost less than a tenner but sucked 30+ hours of my life away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

got ninja gaiden 2 for €15 in Zavvi (when it was still open in ireland) just when it was released due to a pricing error (i presume). it was priced €50+ everywhere else :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

tman wrote: »
    I'd say something like Torchlight that cost less than a tenner but sucked 30+ hours of my life away

My "money spent : playtime" ratio in Torchlight is getting more favourable by the day :pac:

Beyond Good and Evil is one game I picked up cheap: short but for less than a tenner one of the finest gaming experiences I've had.

Steam sales are amazing too. Team Fortress 2 is another fine example: a fiver for constant updates to the best online shooter out there!

Honestly, even at full price I consider games worthwhile if I enjoy them enough. But a bargain feels that bit more rewarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Many of the following bargains I got as a result of Boardsies' postings in the Bargain Alerts forum.

Saw Frequency for €7, bought 3 copies and somehow gave away/lost them all.

Picked up my 20gb Xbox 360 for €250 three or so years ago. Excellent price at the time. Included a couple of crap games and a remote.

120GB Xbox 360 hard drive for €38 a year ago.

I believe I got the Gamecube/Metroid bundle for €160 in Xtravision. Again, an excellent price at the time as the game had just been released (2003).

Got Broken Sword and original Tomb Raider (both PS1) for £15 punts apiece when Harry Moore had their closing down sale on Henry Street. Think I got an official 15 slot Playstation memory card for £20 at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sirgandi

Brand new sealed xbox 360 Elite and pro evo for €170. Guy at work won it and already had one-good times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

Picked up Civ IV, Civ IV: Colonization, Civ IV: Warlords & Civ IV: Beyond the sword as a pack for under a tenner in the last steam sale.

Also picked up Mass Effect for a tenner not long after it came out. Took me a while to get into it, but total bargain considering what a ME fan I have become.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Difficult one. Of recent times, I would say that the €3.50 I paid for Mass Effect a month or two back would rank highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bought Dark Sector for the Xbox in HMV for a fiver. Brand new as well. :) Great game too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Got Dawn of War for free with Company of Heroes.Put hundreds of hours into that game with multiplayer

Advertisement