Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Network setup - Help I'm drowning in options

Options
  • 02-08-2010 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

I am ordering UPC 15mb BB package and would like some advice regarding a wireless setup in my home.
    I need to connect to a Desktop PC in an room upstairs.
    I'll be hooking up to a XBox 360 and a WDTV (1st Gen) in the sitting room downstairs and wifi for browsing on phones throughout the house and garden.
    Both rooms are at the front of the house but not directly above/below each other so I don't want to run any cables.

My guess is to get the connection in the sitting room with modem/router connecting via ethernet cable to xbox and wdtv (with adapter) and connect wirelessly to the pc upstairs.

So can anyone recommend a wireless router for the above scenario?

I have 2x1TB external hard drives where is the best place to put them?
    They are generally used with the WDTV so if I connect one to the wdtv and get a router with an USB Port for the other, will I see both drives from my pc and be able to download directly to them? (I don't use torrents so I'm not concerned with no of connections)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seithon

Well one thing, you can get routers that have USB ports for external storage devices...
    I'd suggest a linksys router N class, I'd also suggest avoiding anything by Belkin and D-Link

Advertisement