Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omniplex mid afternoon shows

Options
  • 02-08-2010 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Does anyone ever go to any afternoon movies? is it quiet in the day time . I fancy going to see inception with the missus but don't need to be surrounded by loads of kids/teens on their mobiles :P

And whats the story about binging your own food , do they allow it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

zeds alive wrote: »
    Does anyone ever go to any afternoon movies? is it quiet in the day time . I fancy going to see inception with the missus but don't need to be surrounded by loads of kids/teens on their mobiles :P

And whats the story about binging your own food , do they allow it?

since the new cinema is open people seem to respect the quieteness rules I must admit, or maybe because it's bigger screens there.

you are not allowed strictly speaking bring in food/drink, but many do covertly big handbags etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I doubt you'll have any kids going to see Inception, it's just not their type of movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

patrickc wrote: »
    you are not allowed strictly speaking bring in food/drink, but many do covertly big handbags etc etc

Is that your excuse for having a handbag then? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭laurashambles

I wouldn't worry about it too much, I went to a night time showing of it the other day and there wasn't any obnoxious texters around. It's not the type of crowd it attracts.

Besides, there's no escaping obnoxious kids in the afternoon either. They're on summer holidays at the moment.

The food thing is debatable, you can sneak stuff in and get away with it if it's the same stuff you can buy on site but I've heard horror stories about people getting kicked out for getting caught eating crisps or drinking from bottles. (Not in Carlow, though before anyone sues me :P)

Advertisement