Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank god the races are over

Options
  • 02-08-2010 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

i hate them with a passion,just one thing thats good that comes out of it is the women.....fantastic stuff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

good thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DOTHEDOG

yeah i know drake there were some beauties in town,not to mention all the fights too,someone somewhere has to spoil the night for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

DOTHEDOG wrote: »
    yeah i know drake there were some beauties in town,not to mention all the fights too,someone somewhere has to spoil the night for everyone
    http://www.answers.com/topic/sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I thought it was a great year for them. I was working and didn't go any day. Only went out Friday night and it didn't seem a whole lot busier than any other Friday. Alot probably head back home that day.

Also traffic wise I only needed to go out the dual carriageway on Sunday morning and avoided driving through town. I drove to Headford Road every day from Ballybrit by using the Castlegar/Bothar an Choiste route.

I could handle that every year no problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

There were races on?

I work in Ballybrit and live a few minutes away. The only thing I noticed about last week was less traffic on the roads.

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    There were races on?

I work in Ballybrit and live a few minutes away. The only thing I noticed about last week was less traffic on the roads.

bob i think you need to go back to bed :D

DOTHEDOG wrote: »
    bob i think you need to go back to bed :D

I'd agree! Did they do something different? Was Wednesdays on later or something. I'd usually get caught Wednesday and Thursday. I made a point to get out of work before the last race Thursday and avoided the traffic. Wednesday I didn't get out too early but still didn't see much.

The Industrials estates were very light for traffic which was a nice change :)

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I'd agree! Did they do something different? Was Wednesdays on later or something. I'd usually get caught Wednesday and Thursday. I made a point to get out of work before the last race Thursday and avoided the traffic. Wednesday I didn't get out too early but still didn't see much.

TBH i wasn't up there but ya just think that it is gonna be choca block

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Wompa1 wrote: »

The M6 was open this year which allowed the Gardai and City Council to implement a brand new traffic plan.

• Advertisement

KevR wrote: »
    The M6 was open this year which allowed the Gardai and City Council to implement a brand new traffic plan.

Speaking of Gardai...I was driving around Galway every day last week and didn't notice any checkpoints. Surely they had to have the sense to be out with a breathalyzer on all the roads leaving Galway during the week?

Was talking to a friend who said the only real Garda activity he saw around town during the week was them enforcing licensing laws in pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

one thing that irked me, as a student, it kind of irritates me that we get a lot of the blame for wrecking the town, being messy and causing trouble. The town was a disgrace this week! walking home after busking at 4am and the place was covered in vomit, rubish and glass. I walked past four separate bin bags ripped open and strewn about the street.
    BUT come 'rag' week next year, we'll be called trouble makers and a scourge to the town. hate this bull****.

On another note...people can be VERY generous at 3:30am...

aido179 wrote: »
    one thing that irked me, as a student, it kind of irritates me that we get a lot of the blame for wrecking the town, being messy and causing trouble. The town was a disgrace this week! walking home after busking at 4am and the place was covered in vomit, rubish and glass. I walked past four separate bin bags ripped open and strewn about the street.
    BUT come 'rag' week next year, we'll be called trouble makers and a scourge to the town. hate this bull****.

On another note...people can be VERY generous at 3:30am...

In fairness the housing estates didn't seem to be as disturbed during race week and it seems like the majority of people in Galway city either leave the city during race week or take it off and go out so there aren't many tax payers left to complain...

Advertisement