Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYG data for iphone/smartphone

Options
  • 02-08-2010 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I posted the message below on the Vodafone board to see what they can offer (I am with vf at the moment) but I am not totally against changing for a better deal. I top up by €20 once a month usually but sometimes i have no credit and rely on IOU and free texts for upto a month! If anybody can suggest a cheaper alternative to whatever vodafone can offer, i'd love to hear about it.
    Are there any good value data bundles that do not automatically renew monthly on RTG? I normally top up 20 and this does me for a month/month and a half because of the free texts.

Right now, i'm considering getting an iphone (second hand) and obviously i can't keep using €1/day vodafone live with it as i'd probably use it most days rather than my current rate of 3 or 4 times a month.

When I go back to college i'll have wifi most of the time so I could probably get away with one of the lower volumes of data.

I couldn't find any details or pricing on vodafone.ie so i thought i'd ask here.

/edit I will be supplying the iphone myself so it doesnt have to be an iphone-specific plan. I'm mainly interested in data bundle pricing so I thought here was the right place to post (if you want you can pretend I am getting a non apple/droid smartphone :D)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Meteor's bill pay lite.
    You'll be paying 30eur per month but its a rolling contract so you can cancel whenever you want to.

200mins+200texts+1gb Data+Free meteor calls and texts

Im on it now and cant recommend it enough and for an extra tenner (in your case) its well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

V360 services are 39 cent a day at the minute, so it would be €12 for a month if used each day

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

Hogzy wrote: »
    Meteor's bill pay lite.
    You'll be paying 30eur per month but its a rolling contract so you can cancel whenever you want to.

200mins+200texts+1gb Data+Free meteor calls and texts

Im on it now and cant recommend it enough and for an extra tenner (in your case) its well worth it.

Bill pay isn't really an option i'm afraid. I'm a student so cashflow can be sporadic at best...
    Davy wrote: »
    V360 services are 39 cent a day at the minute, so it would be €12 for a month if used each day

What do i get for that? is it 50mb/day like vf live and can i use it say 20 days per month for €8 etc...

I think i'd like a little more because i could eat that up in 1 youtube session :D

I use live for €1/day at the moment - could i chane to this 360 offer efore i even get the iphone?

Also, using vf live with my nokia, i can tether over bluetooth with my laptop - will i be allowed do this with the iphone or do all the networks make you pay to tether?

jumbone wrote: »
    Bill pay isn't really an option i'm afraid. I'm a student so cashflow can be sporadic at best...

What about 3pay.
    20eur Credit per month gets free texts to all networks, Free Weekend calls to all networks and 250mb of data pm.

If your paying a Euro a day for your current internet and meteor smart lite (which you can cancel whenever you want) is 30euro you essentially get 200min and 200 texts free.

OP how much PM do you spend on credit?

I would spend maybe 15 - 20 a month. Top up 20 on the first of the month to get free texts but i might have a few euro left by the end me the month so i top up by a fiver and make that last to the end of that month. I don't use internet too much on my phone atm (its not even 3g) but obviously i will use more on an iphone... 30 a month is too much for me so 3pay sounds great. I'm around wifi a fair bit so if i'm careful i could get away with 250mb a month. Does data roll over? And what is the rate if i exceed my allowance?

• Advertisement

jumbone wrote: »
    Does data roll over? And what is the rate if i exceed my allowance?

No and not great. Just go to three.ie and look at the tarrifs for 3pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I can't seem to opt into 360 at the moment (i'm surfing on my phone). I'll check it and 3pay out when i'm at a pc again. Will there be any issue with me using a non 360 phone for the time being? I have a nokia 6300 at the moment... Also is there boy instructions to set up this new apn and allow all apps to use it (gmail and opera mini mainly). I actually posted about setting up 360 in the vf forum a few months ago but didn't get an answer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Hogzy wrote: »
    What about 3pay.
    20eur Credit per month gets free texts to all networks, Free Weekend calls to all networks and 250mb of data pm.

No it doesn't. You have to purchase the 250mb for a fiver. Still a good deal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭ooter

if you top up by 20 euro a month with meteor you can opt for the free meteor to meteor texts and 250 mb of internet a month free.
    you can use your 300 webtexts per month using the cabbage app so you basically have 20 euro per month for making phone calls...
    but for an extra 10 euro meteor bill pay lite is a savage deal...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

The Meteor bill pay smart lite is €30 a month, but nobody has mentioned the €10 one.

€10 per month, 30 day contract.
    50 texts, 50 minutes, Free Meteor texts. (+300 webtexts)
    Add €5 for 250MB of data.

I'm switching to this after getting out of my 18 month contract early :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i like davys suggestion and it's the one i use myself.

Advertisement