Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

entrance fee to tinahely show

• 02-08-2010 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

hi everyone whats peoples thoughts on the entrance fee of €15 per adult to the tinahely show i could not find on the show website how much it was so i had to ring and a lady informed me that it was €15 per adult but i think charging €15 is a bit much especially if your not from an Agricultural back round and with most people not working money is harder to be got i have said it to a few neighbours that was planning to go but when i said it to them it was €15 entrance fee per adult they decided not to go
    myself and my partner was only going to bring the kids see the farm animals
    but i think €10 per adult would be enough to charge on the gate as they would get a lot more people to go

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

I thought 15 euro was a little steep as an entrance fee. If you're going as a single person it's not all that bad, but for a family it'd be 30 quid before you'd even start the day, and then there'd be the standard icecream/candy floss/sweets for the kids, and that's before you even look at buying anything else.

I don't think whether or not you're from an agricultural background makes a difference as to whether or not you'd pay it. There were a huge number of people there today who weren't from an ag. background and who really enjoyed getting near the animals and talking to their owners/exhibitors.

I know that shows have huge overheads before they even look at insurance for the day, but, like you, I think 10 quid would have been sufficient. Still, though, there was a huge crowd there today. Would love to know the official attendance figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

i was there many times before and i have to agree with you that its a good day out but i cant see how its a good value family day out factoring in the cost of it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭marlie2005

I haven't been there for about 3 years and it i think itcost a tenner then... at that time i thought it was very expensive.. it is a great day out but giving that the majority of traders pay from €100.00 to about €200.00 to trade there for the day, you would think that they would go a little easier on the spectaters...
    that's the main reason i stay away from these show now. I simply can't afford it..
    Bring back the €5 entry i say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mrjacko

i was shocked that the entrance fee was €15.
    it cost me and my partner €45 for our entrance fees and to put the dogs in a couple of shows. €45 spent in the space of 5 mins ! thats without any food ! :eek:
    a friend of mine got food at it, she said 2 cokes and 2 chips came to €14.
    i wont be going next year as the entrance fee was riduclous

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ladymuck

Far too much money I was shocked. :eek::eek::eek::eek:There is no need for it and will put people off for next year. Should be free and they would have made loads of money and a big company in agri would have looked after insurance for free advertising:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 BackRowBlues

I totally agree with all the replies to this thread. I was actually going to start my own until I logged on and saw someone had started a thread already. 15 euros is a bit steep espically in the current climate with money being tight with alot of us these days. Myself and the wife travelled up from Kilkenny dont get me wrong it was a great day out and lots to see and very well run no hold up with traffic etc lots of places to eat and sit down and have a break. But 15 euros a head is a bit much, it must have been an expensive day for people with families. Maybe the organisers could have a look at reducing the admission fee for next year. All siad and done though it was a great day out the wife really enjoyed the sheaf throwing and all the trade stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hilaryhero

I agree- there was no mention of any entry fee on the website: I brought a horse and one daughter and paid nothing (presumably my entry fees were enough) but my husband and two other students came by car later with the picnic- it cost him €35 for the three of them. If we had known- I would have brought everyone early with me and the horse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I believe the entrance fee was in the Wicklow People advert. The entrance fee was the reason we didn't go this year. We've been the last 4 or 5 I think. We won't be back either, if it stays the same rates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

The entrance fee was mentioned on their radio ad, too. There was an ad and a small article in The Irish Field, which also mentioned the price.

Thankfully I was competing in the horse section and so my mum, brother and I didn't have to pay, but the rest of the family did and it cost them 30 euro just to come and watch us compete!

That said, there was lots on offer on the day which would have suited pretty much all tastes and ages.

Advertisement