Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.223 ammo price rise???

Options
  • 02-08-2010 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

the fella who run's my local gunshop in carlow told me about two weeks ago that all the american brands of .223 ammunition are going to go up by 40%:eek: in the near future, is there any truth in it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

the fella who run's my local gunshop in carlow told me about two weeks ago that all the american brands of .223 ammunition are going to go up by 40%:eek: in the near future, is there any truth in it?

If there is my 223 will be going up to. Up for sale:eek: Put it against a .243 or 308:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

I was told there would be a rise in all ammo and calibers for the winter :eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Go .204 ;)

Go .204 ;)
    Its ment to be going up ,too:(

tomcat220t wrote: »
    Its ment to be going up ,too:(

Don't tell me, Swift is too :o:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭virminhunter

me too, it couldnt be right though, how could .223 ammo be more expensive than a larger round like a 6.5 or .243

sorry i made the above post before i saw your replies, my bad

Don't tell me, Swift is too :o:eek:
    I have a good stock of .204 that my dealer got in on last year ...and i would guess the country is well stocked up on the swift .220 from last year aswell.But the likes of .223 which seen to be hard got over the last few months will be this years new stock and price tag to go with,aswell:mad:.

me too, it couldnt be right though, how could .223 ammo be more expensive than a larger round like a 6.5 or .243

If its true, you'll get feck all for your .223 id say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

i have been toying with the idea of getting rid of the 22mag, and getting a 223 but i was reading up on 204 and they sound fairly good for foxes, whats ammo costing to run a 204

• Advertisement

My brother is getting Federal 39 grain for €25ish I think and it shoots really well in his Ruger :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Dusty87 wrote: »
    If there is my 223 will be going up to. Up for sale:eek: Put it against a .243 or 308:p

I said the same thing when cigarettes went up in price years ago, "if they keep rising the price i'll give them up". 15 years later and i'm still a chimney.

Same applies for the rifle. Price hikes are a pain in the a*s and make an already expensive sport more expensive. However after the price hike Lapua made over the last couple of short years (from €28 per box of 20 to €43 per box)and until recently i still bought them.

I may be p***ed they are rasining the price, but i cannot see myself giving up a rifle due to cost. May simply cut down on range time, or make every bullet count.:D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

They're expensive enough as they are, shotgun will come out more if they put .223 up. What wonderous reason will be presented for this increase?

ezridax wrote: »
    I said the same thing when cigarettes went up in price years ago, "if they keep rising the price i'll give them up". 15 years later and i'm still a chimney.

Same applies for the rifle. Price hikes are a pain in the a*s and make an already expensive sport more expensive. However after the price hike Lapua made over the last couple of short years (from €28 per box of 20 to €43 per box)and until recently i still bought them.

I may be p***ed they are rasining the price, but i cannot see myself giving up a rifle due to cost. May simply cut down on range time, or make every bullet count.:D

I say that every budget:D
    I remember when i first started it was 5.25 for a family box of benson.

No, i wouldnt be putting half as much as you through it Ezri. I wont be selling my .223 for a long time;):D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Dusty87 wrote: »
    I say that every budget:D
    I remember when i first started it was 5.25 for a family box of benson.

£2.12 lad when i started. :eek:
    No, i wouldnt be putting half as much as you through it Ezri. I wont be selling my .223 for a long time;):D

Its not as much as you think. Scope issues slowed my shooting with the .223, but thats all sorted now so may even head out this evening. Just to bring up my "stats". :D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Unless they are just upping the price for the season or throwing on a new tax I do not see why ammo should be going up.

Keep an eye on sales in the US. I have noticed that 1000 rounds of 223 has hit a peak and is coming down. I have seen 1000 rounds of ammo going for $240.

Sounds fishy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Would ya believe I was out lamping last night with a friend ( got nothing!:rolleyes:)

But he was after talking to his friend/ RFD who advised him that he should stock up on ammo soon as the amount of ammo coming into the country will be very limited. This was in relation to all calibres.

To be honest when I heard this it went in one ear and out the other as I thought it was just the RFD looking for money! But now that this thread started at the same time I may wonder!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Im getting 1000 rounds of .223 for under €300

1000 rounds of .308 under €400

IMO prices here have been stupidly high for years as there is a big mark up on ammo here but it is easy to see why really and unfortunatly until we get a bigger shooting culture its going to stay that way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

.223 55gr Sierra Blitzking (Moly Coated) €493/500 or €118.40/100

Intershoot prices!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

In my dealers this morning, full house of .223 ammo in stock, at the same price as last year!

• Advertisement

Terrier wrote: »
    In my dealers this morning, full house of .223 ammo in stock, at the same price as last year!

good to hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Im getting 1000 rounds of .223 for under €300

1000 rounds of .308 under €400

IMO prices here have been stupidly high for years as there is a big mark up on ammo here but it is easy to see why really and unfortunatly until we get a bigger shooting culture its going to stay that way...

where are you getting ammo for that price. and what type and quality is it. cheers

Advertisement