Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Usb Extension Cable/Port

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭jpl888

I have the 320GB version of those WD drives. Windows XP and up should have no problem with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭jeffk

Any site you can recommend a cable from or just get one of ebay?

I normally get stuff like that off elara.ie or komplett.ie. USB cables don't suffer from a lot of attenuation so you should have no problem with a 5m cable or something like that if you need it.

Dont mention Komplett lol and its a shame elaras so dear to post/far out to drive to, but thanks for the suggestions

The reason im cautious is, I had one the length of my arm for ages and then it suddenly came up drive not recognised when I used it.

Well there could be many reasons for that including hard drive failure or cable/plug failure.

It's also possible that the Windows USB subsystem is just screwed and you need to reinstall, but I'm assuming you can access other USB mass storage devices ok?

• Advertisement

Yes everything usb related works fine(keyboard/mouse/external drives/pen drives/sticks/phone)

Im thinking the cable is the cheapest option, all I want to do is have the external with the media box on top beside the tv and leave it there and connect the external to the pc on the other side of the room(to update files etc).

Well I've used 5 metre usb extensions without issue. I'm sure you could go higher if you need to.

No id say 5 metre would be more than enough, its only the box room.

Im having a look on ebay now, thanks for confirming that they work ok!

Glad to help just make sure the cheques in the post ;)

Advertisement