Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

called for medical (pnd)

Options
  • 02-08-2010 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

HI hope some one can give me some advise i have been suffering with post natal depression since sep. 09 i am on medication and have been getting illness benefit since nov. 09 i have been called for a medical this week and i am so worried i cant think straight.

what do they ask what if i say the wrong thing what are they looking for.........etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Hi there,
    I'm in much the same boat as you - I have pnd since last October and I'm on Lexapro - although I must admit I feel a lot better now.
    Try not to panic about the medical - any GP worth his salt will be understanding and sympathetic.
    All he has to do is confirm that you are not fit to work at the moment - just ask him if he can do that without disclosing details to your employer.
    He will probably just ask how you are feeling and be honest. There is no such thing as "the wrong answer" if you're just telling him how you feel.
    Explain why you think you're not able to return to work yet and he may even be able to suggest something that can help - I know counselling did me the world of good. For what it's worth, I actually felt a little better when I came back to work as I found it helped to have something for myself!
    Best of luck with everything..:)

Advertisement