Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forcing figures to come after they're first referenced

• 02-08-2010 12:19pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

Interesting one here...

My supervisor likes when a figure or table doesn't appear until it's been referenced at least once in the text. Apart from moving it further along in the source file, is there any way to do this? I don't want to use the h placement option because I still want LaTeX to put it top, bottom or on a page of it's own, just not until it's been referred to at least once. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I think the float package lets you use h with some fancier placement options.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Apparently the flafter package does what I need, will have to wait until I'm back to try it out. No setup needed other than including it apparently.

Advertisement