Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing applications- security review ?? I doubt it.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

For me it would be a novelty if applications were not lost or mislaid :(:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Funny that...
    It only seems to be firearms related,but court summons,arrest warrents,motortax offences, applications, notifications,etc,etc,ad infiniteum of the day to day Garda paperwork NEVER seems to go missing....Strange .

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

again this has back fired to the gardai ,o its lost ,miss layed or in my case there is a big box in the station .

good on the narge only for them ,our sport would a thing of the past .

this new firearms bill is now the most challenged piece of legislation since the foundation of the state and its going to get worse .

over 10 months waiting now for me .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You have to love the effectiveness of a well oiled publicity machine. At the end of the article it states;
    .......... the Gardai engaged an extensive public information campaign to highlight the introduction of the new licensing system.......

Funny that as my local station relied on my application to fill in all others. By October they still were not "up to speed" on the FCA1 and were without a clue on the FCA2. The ins and outs of substitutions eluded them and the whole restricted / unrestricted thing also caused confusion.

Then only a short while ago they initiated a "public assistance scheme" to aid those who had not submitted an FCA1 as they found it difficult.
    ............. assistance was offered in Garda stations around the country to individual applicants in the completion of the forms.......

This was so successful that 2 of the 4 staions in my locality were closed, 1 had no FO and the 4th was ineffective as the FO was on holidays and all FCA1s and FCA2s were being "stockpiled" until his return.

I am not ranting simply stating the obvious. I can speak from personal and first hand experience as one of my applications was "lost" for 7 months. To "Joe public" it would seem that we as sports shooters are so "dumb", "idiotic", "inept" that we needed to be held by the hand through the flawless new system put in place to "help" us. We, the average shooter, knew more about the system than the Gardai and for the few that were in need of help found, insult, ignorance, and a complete lack of knowledge towards the new licensing system.

However the Gardai press office is far more adept at PR than any shooting organisation and enjoys the ear of most forms of media.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

jwshooter wrote: »
    over 10 months waiting now for me .

Dont mind me asking JW..What are you waiting ten months for??

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Dont mind me asking JW..What are you waiting ten months for??

all my gun licences .

Have they been granted?Or you still hanging there waiting for a decision??:eek:

Have they been granted?Or you still hanging there waiting for a decision??:eek:

noting in writing after ringing the Sargent a few times ,one last chance is the morning then des is going to handle it for me .

we have a problem with a sub station in clonroache .im not the only one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

jwshooter wrote: »
    all my gun licences .

That's extracting the urine.

If they have been granted ,a solicitors letter of mandamus would be in order.Amazed that you and the rest havent been onto the Garda ombudsman about this as well.

• Advertisement

If they have been granted ,a solicitors letter of mandamus would be in order.Amazed that you and the rest havent been onto the Garda ombudsman about this as well.

i know a guy that has , a waist of time .

Advertisement