Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using electronic timers on electronic equipment

• 02-08-2010 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Hello ,just wondering if anyone knows of any issues ,when using timers on stuff like consoles and pc's ?

I was hoping to set a timer to power off all my stuff at night and during the day when I'm not there. But I'm not sure about what damage could be done ?

Anyone any ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Should be fine with a console, they can just be powered off at anytime. Not with pc though, a pc needs to go through the process of shutting down. Could probably be done by scheduling a task in windows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Should be fine with a console, they can just be powered off at anytime. Not with pc though, a pc needs to go through the process of shutting down

Cheers ,everything would be in standby mode when the power goes off.
    Trying to keep track of whats on and whats off, need to keep the laptop power supply plugged out aswell:o

Advertisement