Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week #68

Options
  • 02-08-2010 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Here is the latest installment of Album of The Week. Here's the breakdown of the votes. As usual, only albums with more than one vote are listed.

Between The Buried and Me - Colors - 5
    Deicide - Legion - 5
    Therapy - Troublegum - 8

So the winner this week is Therapy's 1994 album Troublegum. It's difficult for me to quantify just how good this album is. It truly captured the band at their creative peak. Most of the songs on this album are absolutely fantastic. Dark, melodic, heavy yet restrained. Fyfe Ewing deserves a lot of credit for his drumming on this album. Like Jimmy Chamberlain, you can often pick out his work in a song you may not recognise which is no mean feat for a drummer!

I couldn't decide whether to put up Die Laughing or Trigger Inside as the video so I put them both up :).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Amazing album, truly was therapy? at thier peak. An underrated band IMO, They deserved so much more attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Max Power1 wrote: »
    :mad:

:D

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Cracking album though. Saw them a few times on the Troublegum tour, and it really was them at their peak, both live and in the studio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Kess73 wrote: »
    :D

:p
    incidentally that :mad: was directed at both the fact that IT didnt win again this week, and that the thread has been closed so it can now never win.

I didnt notice the second part until after I posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

That second song in the OP is pretty cool, cant help but nod your head to it. Good stuff. Malice, please re-consider opening the album of the week thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Fantastic album. It should of made Therapy huge superstars. Great album to end the Album of the Week thread with! :pac:

Advertisement