Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new zealand sponsorship process

Options
  • 02-08-2010 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

hi i started a job recently and the company now wants me to move from contract to permanent after my contract expires and are willing to do the whole sponsorship process. Im here on a whv. Has anybody got experience of this and know the process? if so whats involved? (maybe theres a thread on it already but i cant find it) im not sure if i want to stay here forever so is there different type of visas i can get after a whv?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/

Thats a good place to start. They (your workplace) have to prove that they tried to hire a kiwi but coudn't to offer you sponsorship. What do you work as?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 oooomy

i work in IT (developer) i got a degree in IT and im a certified java developer with a background in telecommunications. I have some experience in some custom software that this company needs also which is not so common here. Probably the reason i got the job in the first place. There a big company so im sure they have some clout but i had a look at that list and i dont think i fall into any of the categories.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

oooomy wrote: »
    i work in IT (developer) i got a degree in IT and im a certified java developer with a background in telecommunications. I have some experience in some custom software that this company needs also which is not so common here. Probably the reason i got the job in the first place. There a big company so im sure they have some clout but i had a look at that list and i dont think i fall into any of the categories.

Looks like you are golden! If they are a big company then they more than likely offer a WTR, if of course you are thinking more long term!

Advertisement