Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Polo 6N 1997 window sticks.

• 02-08-2010 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭

Hi, I posted this problem over on the Motors forum without much success (apart from a suggestion to douse the mechanism with WD40), hope it's ok to try here...
    the glass in the drivers side manual wind window tilts forward and jams when I wind it up, I have to open the door and straighten it with a hand each side and inch it up that way to close it fully. I seem to remember having the same problem in a Golf years ago, but I'm not sure what i did about it apart from having the door card off countless times. I'm hoping to avoid the expense of a new regulator too, any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

If the glass is falling forward it more than likely means the regulator is broken or needs to be repaired.

You will need to take off the door card to inspect it.

Regulators should be cheap and readily available for this car from your local scrappy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Might be worth your while giving the runners the glass slides in some silicone lubricant while you have the door card off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭woody33

I took the door card off yesterday, and found a steel cable had corroded and snapped. My local scrappy has a regulator for 35 euro, I see repair kits on ebay for about 20 euro. Anyone try a repair kit before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭hiluxman

it will be far simpler to fit the second hand one from the scrappy than it will to fit the repair kit. as long as the cables arent rusted on the second hand one it will be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭woody33

Got a regulator today from Paschal Power in Glenmore outside Waterford, and once the kids had gone to the beach I got a chance to apply grease to the new cable and runners and fit everything back together. Woo hoo, my window works again. Thanks for the advice, guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement