Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox & Gallagher Auctioneer - Website not renewed.

Options
  • 02-08-2010 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

Saw a house for sale near Bellek woods in Ballina today, Had a Fox & Gallagher sign in front of the house, so I took note of the Website.

Went to the website:- NOTICE: This domain name expired on 07/31/2010

For sure its the right website http://www.foxandgallagher.com/

[SNIPPED]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Be careful here people. It may be that a sub to a domain name service has expired - not prudent or fair to allege anything more serious unless one has proof. Mods should check this as title of thread may be defamatory.

Just checked Companies Registration www page.

Shows Company of above name duly registered, accounts filed for Dec 08, next Annual Return Date 30.9.10. While I understand these www pages are not warranted to be up to date, it does show that company to be in good standing.

Unless you have good information to back it up, Alex79 ( and mods ) I would recommend changing title of this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

nuac wrote: »
    Just checked Companies Registration www page.

Shows Company of above name duly registered, accounts filed for Dec 08, next Annual Return Date 30.9.10. While I understand these www pages are not warranted to be up to date, it does show that company to be in good standing.

Unless you have good information to back it up, Alex79 ( and mods ) I would recommend changing title of this thread.

I checked Google cached pages of the website and they have failed to renew their subscription.

Anyway my post was more of a question than an accusation.

Their website does not work because the hoster has not been paid (it seems...)

Alex73, the changed headline is safer.

Putting a question mark after a suggestion may not have been a defence - you can defame someone by innuendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I doubt they are gone tbh. Try calling them on [SNIPPED]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

mickdw wrote: »
    I doubt they are gone tbh. Try calling them on 096 70900

Why bother? The fact that their website is not renewed speaks volumes. A businesses website (in today's world) is its #1 marketing asset. (especially for property).

EDIT: That's your opinion, simply.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

I just logged into their website now and its working

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

alex73 wrote: »
    Why bother? The fact that their website is not renewed speaks volumes. A businesses website (in today's world) is its #1 marketing asset. (especially for property).

Thats some attitude you have. Im not a fan of Fox & Gallagher myself but you posted here on the 2nd of August, the thing had only just expired. It is pretty poor to have it expired but having said that, if you were really interested in a house, you would surely dial the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

People don't use phones enough these days.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Thanks folks, I have closed this thread and referred to CMODs.

Tom

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement