Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSU Sleeving

Options
  • 02-08-2010 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Anyone here do PSU Sleeving? If so how much, I got Meterials.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

its really not that hard there,s loads of guide,s on it what psu do you have i done mine only a month ago i just went and got extenders found it a lot easyer just to sleeve those and then you dont run the risk of voiding the warranty on the psu either

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Valdez

I got an enermax Revelution 1250. Yeah I was thinking of using extenders, where is the best place to buy them? I was looking At MDPC thinking i could use that stuff for the PCE-E Cables and sata. and fan cables. just hope its easy.

ebay would be your best bet for extenders you,ll need two pci-e a 24 to 24 pin and 8 pin cpu power are you going to go one colour with the sleeving
    here,s mine
    SAM_0255.jpg

Nice, you did a nice job on that, I like the two Colours. I'm Also thiking about doing watercooling, you know anything about that? if you got time maybe you can show me how to do that sleeving, I wan to do two colors like that (Black/red). im going to order Materials off of MDPC Tomorrow. Just started building me new rig.

CASE: Corsair 800D
    CPU: Intels 980x Extreme
    MB: Asus Rampage 3 Extreme
    PSU: ENERMAX REVOLUTION85+ 1250W
    Memory: Corsair Dominator-GT 6GB
    HD: WD 128GB SSD & Samsung F3 1TB
    GPU: ATI 5970 X2

If you know about water cooling, maybe you can give me some tips.
    been looking all week. can't decide whats the best for what I want.
    I want to cool the CPU AND THE TWO GPU'S not sure if i will do the Chipset are not. been looking at soemthing like this: the two pictures below.

1.png
    1.jpg

2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Valdez wrote: »
    Nice, you did a nice job on that, I like the two Colours. I'm Also thiking about doing watercooling, you know anything about that? if you got time maybe you can show me how to do that sleeving, I wan to do two colors like that (Black/red). im going to order Materials off of MDPC Tomorrow. Just started building me new rig.

I want to cool the CPU AND THE TWO GPU'S not sure if i will do the Chipset are not. been looking at soemthing like this: the two pictures below.

I wouldnt bother WC the chipset on an X58 setup, it doesnt get hot enough to cause problems.

• Advertisement

You know about water cooling mate. Any ideas for setup and where to buy? I want to get compression fittings. Bitspower but there hard to find in Europe.

i know nothing about watercooling but join http://www.overclock.net/ they can tell you anything you need to know about it ye no probs if your in dublin i can always give you a lesson in sleeving ye MDPC is were i got mine it,s great stuff

massy086 wrote: »
    i know nothing about watercooling but join http://www.overclock.net/ they can tell you anything you need to know about it ye no probs if your in dublin i can always give you a lesson in sleeving ye MDPC is were i got mine it,s great stuff

Thanks mate, Let me know when you got the time. Im ordering meterials today.

Advertisement