Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good Chinese Takeaway.

Options
  • 02-08-2010 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Living in Phibsboro and my two local Chinese takeaways have gone to utter crap over the years.

New Century and the one across the road from it (Il edit post when i remember name)
    Only acceptable for a cheap three in one.

I generally go to a place on Parnell Street for my Chinese fix now, but id love an actual takeaway.

Does anyone know any good Chinese takeaways That would deliver to Glasnevin/Phibsboro/Drumcondra?

So hard to find a decent one these days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Hoi Wun in Finglas usually gets lots of recommendations, I don't eat it myself though

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nision

Do you have a number or menu for it, google aint helping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

11811 should have it

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭purpur1

If i can be honest, the Chinese takeaways that deliver around Phibsboro are all cat. Tried them all when i lived there. Best out of a bad lot are New Sunrise in Stoneybatter - they do deliver, and Do Sun on Dorset Street. Heard good things about that one in Finglas alright, but they never would deliver to where i was. Good luck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

I find Bamboo Café next to Quinns in Drumcondra to be consistently excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Nision wrote: »
    I generally go to a place on Parnell Street for my Chinese fix now, but id love an actual takeaway.

Parnell Street is pretty much the only place to get a decent Chinese. Everything else is just **** from a tub of factory manufactured gunk. I'd be surprised if some of those places don't deliver to Phibsboro, it ain't miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

Millenium at cabra cross is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nision

Parnell Street is pretty much the only place to get a decent Chinese. Everything else is just **** from a tub of factory manufactured gunk. I'd be surprised if some of those places don't deliver to Phibsboro, it ain't miles away.

They dont deliver at all unfortunatly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

Try the Excellent in Ballygal - it really is!

Advertisement