Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Deicide appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Deicide were my favourite band for a while growing up, seen them loads of times, even have a Deicide related tattoo:eek:

They're pretty **** lately though, and the constant whining and cancelling of gigs if pretty gey.

One my favourite albums is probably Serpents of the Light, Diehard fans might disagree with that choice as its as close as Deicide get to having melodies! Either way after they left Roadrunner, A Best of was released on the Roadrunner Label, A must have in the collection for almost any metal fan I'd say.

This song was one of the best things Deicide ever did. The riff just tears walls down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

If you guys have this thread can you not just keep Deicide out of the album of the week thread and not have it closed again? I really liked that thread. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

pity the thread was closed down - dont think the deicide bit was the problem, it was the posters going off topic despite repeated warnings.

anyway

Decide - nothing beats Legion. Second best album is the eponymous debut album (even better than the deicide version is the "Amon - feasting the beast" demos version)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Max Power1 wrote: »
    pity the thread was closed down - dont think the deicide bit was the problem, it was the posters going off topic despite repeated warnings.

The Deicide thing was the problem. It was people going off topic complaining about some sort of conspiracy against the Deicide album being put on the list rather than just voting as normal. It went on for several pages and I don't think it was fair to close the thread over that. Not enough people care about having them on the list, I think people should just get over it.

Sorry if I'm derailing this thread, just wanted to get that across. Consider reopening it Malice. :)

The Deicide thing was the problem. It was people going off topic complaining about some sort of conspiracy against the Deicide album being put on the list rather than just voting as normal. It went on for several pages and I don't think it was fair to close the thread over that. Not enough people care about having them on the list, I think people should just get over it.

Sorry if I'm derailing this thread, just wanted to get that across. Consider reopening it Malice. :)
    not the deicide thing, just the people posting off topic about it!

@Malice - please consider re opening it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I really wish I could see them live at least once =/ the June gig was such a let-down..

I'd even go to somewhere like the UK or mainland Europe to go see them (did the UK one before for Cannibal Corpse/Dying Fetus)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Black Magician

Deicide's first two albums are awesome, ive always thought Benton to be the best death metal singer ever even if his voice was enhanced during the recording of the albums. he is a idiot though. Should have killed himself when he said he would, he be like the antichrist now if he did :pac: The guitars of the Hoffman brothers really made the Deicide sound what it was. cant praise them enough for their solos on Legion, truly Decide's best album.

think i posted this on another thread somewere but deserves to put on here, ****in love the opening :D

probualy should post this classic on the now listening to thread :D

Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn Dead by Dawn

Deicide's first two albums are awesome, ive always thought Benton to be the best death metal singer ever even if his voice was enhanced during the recording of the albums. he is a idiot though. Should have killed himself when he said he would, he be like the antichrist now if he did :pac: The guitars of the Hoffman brothers really made the Deicide sound what it was. cant praise them enough for their solos on Legion, truly Decide's best album.
    First bolded bit - eh no

second bolded bit - massive plus 1 from me.

• Advertisement

First bolded bit - eh no

second bolded bit - massive plus 1 from me.

Benton would have been easily replaced compared to the Hoffman Bro's plus he would have went down a death metal legend, he should have never said it if he was just talking through his arse, kinda made him look like a pussy

Benton would have been easily replaced compared to the Hoffman Bro's plus he would have went down a death metal legend, he should have never said it if he was just talking through his arse, kinda made him look like a pussy
    Benton would not really be easily replaced, come off it!

And as for the rest of your post, well thats just ridiculous tbf. He would have gone down as a tool and not a legend if he killed himself for the reasons he said he would.

He probably shouldnt have said it at all but have we all not said stuff years ago that we now regret?

Benton would not really be easily replaced, come off it!

And as for the rest of your post, well thats just ridiculous tbf. He would have gone down as a tool and not a legend if he killed himself for the reasons he said he would.

He probably shouldnt have said it at all but have we all not said stuff years ago that we now regret?

yea but when he said it, supposedly, he meant and believed it. For someone who growls for the most satanic band ever I think he ended looking like a coward by calling people who have actually committed suicide 'cowards' and 'losers'. Deicide cant be taken all to seriously with him as their frontman, which is a shame as I was really into the whole satanic thing when i was into these bands but its just as redicolous as Christainity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Loved Deicide's music and sound but the lyrics didn't sit with me at all. Not that I'm a Stryper fan but all this Satan stuff is childish I think.

yea but when he said it, supposedly, he meant and believed it. For someone who growls for the most satanic band ever I think he ended looking like a coward by calling people who have actually committed suicide 'cowards' and 'losers'. Deicide cant be taken all to seriously with him as their frontman, which is a shame as I was really into the whole satanic thing when i was into these bands but its just as redicolous as Christainity
    Without getting too much into it, I despise religion of any sort, including "satanism".
    With deicide its a kind of "suspension of disbelief" re the satanist stuff - just ignore it!

Without getting too much into it, I despise religion of any sort, including "satanism".
    With deicide its a kind of "suspension of disbelief" re the satanist stuff - just ignore it!

one of the things Deicide had going for them, back in the day, was that a fair % of people listening to them hated going to church and all that and were looking for a way to rebel, so they stuck on a Deicide album or two :pac: I did get into the lyrics for a bit but the music was always more of draw for me. went from GnR to Maiden to Metallica then to Slayer and finally Deicide! and still have a soft spot for most of them bands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Saw them play McGonagles many moons ago quality live even without all the spiky get up

R

Advertisement