Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 Knockout Tournament 2

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Bolton 0-1 A Madrid
    Bolton 4-3 A Madrid
    Bolton 2-3 A Madrid

Some really good games here.

Got a really harsh red card in the 1st game so I was happy to keep it at only 1-0 as Fizman really piled on the pressure in that game.

2nd game had an unbelieveable 1st half with me going in 4-2 up at half time. I was 2-1 down after 12 mins and was 3-2 up after 20 mins thanks to a nice og:p. After both of us missing chances late on Fizman nabbed a last minute goal to level it on aggregate.:(

Went 1 up in the 3rd game and Fizman equalised with a peach of a goal by back heeling it in from 10 yards.(jammy:p) The game was really close at 1-1 for a long time and then in the space of a minute he got 2 goals and that was game over. Got a late consolation but didn't have any time to go look for an equaliser.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Sorry guys, but I can't continue with this competition, for 2 reasons,

1. Hardly anyone is playing their matches.
    2. Don't really have the time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Philly_C wrote: »
    Bolton 0-1 A Madrid
    Bolton 4-3 A Madrid
    Bolton 2-3 A Madrid

Some really good games here.

Got a really harsh red card in the 1st game so I was happy to keep it at only 1-0 as Fizman really piled on the pressure in that game.

2nd game had an unbelieveable 1st half with me going in 4-2 up at half time. I was 2-1 down after 12 mins and was 3-2 up after 20 mins thanks to a nice og:p. After both of us missing chances late on Fizman nabbed a last minute goal to level it on aggregate.:(

Went 1 up in the 3rd game and Fizman equalised with a peach of a goal by back heeling it in from 10 yards.(jammy:p) The game was really close at 1-1 for a long time and then in the space of a minute he got 2 goals and that was game over. Got a late consolation but didn't have any time to go look for an equaliser.

Ya really enjoyable games mate. The back heel was a bit of a OMG moment alright. I was wrecked after these games which didn't help in the league game I played afterwards!
    emmetmcl wrote: »

Would I be right in saying that there are very few games left though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Silence.

emmetmcl wrote: »

No fear, Silence is here. I'll take over from you, once there are no objections.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Silence. wrote: »
    No fear, Silence is here. I'll take over from you, once there are no objections.

No objections from me, maybe the actual KT Main final can be played now?

• Advertisement

Main Final
    Real Vallodolid vs. Bor. Dortmund.

Second Chance Final
    Athletico Madrid vs. Schalke 04.

Could these games be played before Thursday morning, when registration for the next tournament will begin? Thank you.
    L'prof wrote: »
    No objections from me, maybe the actual KT Main final can be played now?

Cheers! I actually meant future tournaments, but I guess I could finish this one.

Cheers! I actually meant future tournaments, but I guess I could finish this one.

Cool, are you thinking of using the same format? Setting up a league republic account would be a good idea for keeping track of the tournament.

theflesh - paddysnorch - Bor. Dortmund

When can you play our final?

Cool, are you thinking of using the same format? Setting up a league republic account would be a good idea for keeping track of the tournament.

Yeah, I have a League Republic account and will be using that.

The format is open to debate. What's the consensus on the Second Chance tournament? While I fully understand the reasoning behind it, many people lose interest after they are knocked out, as proven by the large amount of unplayed games.

Yeah, I have a League Republic account and will be using that.

The format is open to debate. What's the consensus on the Second Chance tournament? While I fully understand the reasoning behind it, many people lose interest after they are knocked out, as proven by the large amount of unplayed games.

Cool. I'm not a fan of the second chance tournament, but a cl format with groups before the knockout stages would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭theflesh

theflesh - paddysnorch - Bor. Dortmund

When can you play our final?

I should be online around 9 tonight, and same time tomorrow

• Advertisement

theflesh wrote: »
    I should be online around 9 tonight, and same time tomorrow

Sound, I'll try and get on and let you know if I can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Second Chance Final
    Athletico Madrid vs. Schalke 04.

Polarbearhead (Schalke) around tonight? I'll probably be about after the Man City/Pool game.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

Is it to late to join a tournament?

Any games played yet lads?
    dsane1 wrote: »
    Is it to late to join a tournament?

Yes, but keep an eye on the forum. A new tournament will be starting soon.

Any games played yet lads?

Not just yet, probably my fault too.

Off to Malta tonight for a week, the final can go down as a 3-0 loss for me. Just been so busy all week, sorry about that!

Advertisement