Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing clips to Final Cut Express

Options
  • 02-08-2010 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I'm almost certain there are similar threads, but I have a very specific question that I would be really grateful to get the answer to here.

I have a Sony Handycam dcr sr47 and it records in MPEG-4 format which is not compatible on FCE. I've heard that there is a way of syncing your device to FCE so it imports clips in a recognisable format, is this true? And if so, how?

If not, I'm talking complete crap and would appreciate any recommendations of a good converter. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

What exactly are you doing to try to import the files?

I have a Sony SR7 which works fine with FCE...go to....

File...

Log & Transfer...

This should open up a new window with a list of all the files on your camera, just click the files you want and press "Add Selection to Queue".

Hey Presto! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sarah+1

Well I've just been importing the files after dragging them into my documents. I haven't tried to import them directly from my camera. I'm presuming that therein lies my problem! Thanks very much, will try that.

Advertisement