Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polish Tilers Newbridge area

Options
  • 02-08-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Had a very good Czech painter doing a job for me lately but he has returned home now. Want to get some tiling done in a bathroom and heard there are some very good Polish tilers around the locality. Just wondering has anyone used or got a reccomendation for a Polish tiler.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

flahers wrote: »
    Had a very good Czech painter doing a job for me lately but he has returned home now. Want to get some tiling done in a bathroom and heard there are some very good Polish tilers around the locality. Just wondering has anyone used or got a reccomendation for a Polish tiler.

i recommend any tiller with a insurance, good reputation and a guarantee on all his work.

Why polish?? There are many Irish (and other nationality) master craftsmen out there

My good friend is a highly sought after experienced tiller . Kildare born and raised if you want his number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Probably because the polish tiler will do the same job cheaper. Had a romanian plasterer in the house and done a better job than the last irish guy and cheaper.

Slunk wrote: »
    Probably because the polish tiler will do the same job cheaper. Had a romanian plasterer in the house and done a better job than the last irish guy and cheaper.

So you are you saying that the people of Romania are better that the people of Ireland. ?

This is what a cant stand about some anti Ireland folk. They give out about everything Irish and then wonder why the country is in the state it is.

I am a local trades man, with Irish home, family and kids. I am always busy because of the quality of my work. I rely on people who can see the difference between a fully qualified craftsman and cheap unqualified lad.

OP. All im saying is maybe give a few Local lads a call. You will be surprised on the quotes you can now get . Why not support your own team.. Or even ask for their tradesman certs. Prices have dropped. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

+1 gxr1

....and I can give you a number for a local tiler whose work is excellent. His prices are very competitive too. He has just finished work for me. I'm very satisfied and would recommend him.

Ultimately, you'll get what you pay for. The cheapest quote will not necessarily be the best job......as one of the astronauts on the space shuttle said "...how does it feel to be sitting on 200,000lbs of highly explosive rocket fuel....all put together by the lowest bidder?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

gsxr1 wrote: »
    So you are you saying that the people of Romania are better that the people of Ireland. ?

This is what a cant stand about some anti Ireland folk. They give out about everything Irish and then wonder why the country is in the state it is.

I am a local trades man, with Irish home, family and kids. I am always busy because of the quality of my work. I rely on people who can see the difference between a fully qualified craftsman and cheap unqualified lad.

OP. All im saying is maybe give a few Local lads a call. You will be surprised on the quotes you can now get . Why not support your own team.. Or even ask for their tradesman certs. Prices have dropped. ;)

No, I am not saying that the people of Romasnia are better, I am saying they done a very good job at a good price. Cheap and unqualified, cheap maybe but the work speaks for itself and has gotten plenty though word of mouth as a result. I had a bad experience with an Irish plasterer, that is all. He has since lost out on tow jobs because of price and quality of work. Im sure there are plenty of good Irish tradesmen too, but that was my experince.

Also, I knwo a few people who are tradesmen who refuse to drop there prices and it is these I have no sympathy for. If I could get an Irish person to do the same quality work for reasonable price Id have no problem giving them work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

flahers wrote: »

why not put up a notice in the polish shop on Eyre street.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

gsxr1 wrote: »

I agree that there are plenty of good Irish tradesmen but in my experince the tradesman certs mean nothing and arent really worth a toss. Ive seen some shocking lazy work from people with certs and some great work from people with none.

cruizer22b wrote: »
    I agree that there are plenty of good Irish tradesmen but in my experince the tradesman certs mean nothing and arent really worth a toss. Ive seen some shocking lazy work from people with certs and some great work from people with none.

im sure thats true.

But a loads of the foreign men claim to be tradesmen as soon as they get of the boat.
    This is a fact. I have repaired so many jobs that these guys have badly messed up.
    They had no clue about the job. I could show you pics!!
    The only guarantee one has is that the person you have appointed is qualified.(be it an irish man or from anywhere)

Not only that that the work looks good, but is it safe, done to irish regulation, and does not fall apart one year later. I have noted that not many of these handy men are ever involved in structural work. Why?

A person who goes through 5 years of FAS is trained on the correct way to do work in Ireland in his trade . You may well get a bad apple now and then, But most have been to collage to study there job in detail.

This may all seem a little one sided. but its a fact..

If one wants a risky cheapo job done. call bobski . call me next year to rip it all out and redo. In fact. thats what im doing this Monday morn;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Generalisations are bad, mmmmmmm k

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement