Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a 2.5'' HDD for my XPS M1530

Options
  • 02-08-2010 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Queastion as above where could i get one for a good price and which one would u recomend price range 40e to 60e, I had previuosley had Western Digital HDD 250GB in my Dell XPS M1530 and it broke after i leaned on the corner of the laptop where HDD is placed in. So after few times a i did that i finally broke it. I went on and got Samsung HDD from ebay 350GB for 50e shiped from Malyasia and after i installed it i used it for about a week and the my laptop fell of a maximum hight of 30cm and it broke i could not believe it. Maybe it was a fake samsung copy or something it was very weird that it could actually brake when a laptop fell only 30 cm and it was extremeley light fall.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

7Tdriver wrote: »
    Queastion as above where could i get one for a good price and which one would u recomend price range 40e to 60e, I had previuosley had Western Digital HDD 250GB in my Dell XPS M1530 and it broke after i leaned on the corner of the laptop where HDD is placed in. So after few times a i did that i finally broke it. I went on and got Samsung HDD from ebay 350GB for 50e shiped from Malyasia and after i installed it i used it for about a week and the my laptop fell of a maximum hight of 30cm and it broke i could not believe it. Maybe it was a fake samsung copy or something it was very weird that it could actually brake when a laptop fell only 30 cm and it was extremeley light fall.

I have an XPS M1530, I was always of the opinion that it has a solid state hard drive? did you replace it with another solid state or a non solid state?
    I have dropped my laptop a couple of times from 2-3 ft onto floorboards without damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Andrew33 wrote: »
    I have an XPS M1530, I was always of the opinion that it has a solid state hard drive? did you replace it with another solid state or a non solid state?
    I have dropped my laptop a couple of times from 2-3 ft onto floorboards without damage.

They were configurable with a 32gb SSD or a 160gb HDD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

They were configurable with a 32gb SSD or a 160gb HDD.

Mine is 60GB solid state, would it be an easy task to replace it with a larger capacity SSD? as mine is almost full.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Mine is 60GB solid state, would it be an easy task to replace it with a larger capacity SSD? as mine is almost full.

very easy, just buy a new SSD and follow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWnSJlF5YtM

• Advertisement
Advertisement