Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT 1st year accommodation

Options
  • 02-08-2010 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

hi,

I'm more than likely going to dit and I've looked at the dit website but i want to hear from the students. Where's the best place to stay in 1st year?
    I'd like somewhere lively enough but I'd want a single room at the same time.

Thanks for all feedback :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

which DIT are you attending?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭irish_man

kevin street

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

Hey Irish_man,

If your looking for accommodation closeby to Kevin st, area's you should look at are Camden st, around Stephen's Green (expensive!), Rathmines(where the majority of student go) or in town.

I would say your best bet though would be around rathmines because there is good night life and as well as that you could walk into college in like 10/15 mins.....no transport fees...

For a single room in that area, if you are getting digs which IMO isn't the best idea as it's more expensive you could expect to pay in the region of €130-€150 per week, if you are just renting a room you would probably pay anything around €80-€120.

Websites which would be worth keeping an eye on are:
    www.daft.ie
    www.myhome.ie
    www.rent.ie
    And the evening herald and Independant newspapers.

If you need any further info, ya can send me a PM...:)

Good Luck,

Candy

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Laserhead

What about Bolton street?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jg72

You should try somewhere around South Circular Road. 10 min walk to Kevins St. and its not as busy as what Camden st would be. Great place to live IMO

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Laserhead wrote: »
    What about Bolton street?

Lots of areas around Bolton St too, southern Phibsboro, Smithfield, Drumcondra (great bus routes from here), Gardiner St areas are all good. Lots on and around Bolton St and Nth King St itself too. As always Daft is the best probably, if your up in Bolton St there will be ads up looking for roommates too.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭tennessee time

i wouldnt recommend daft for students, over priced, get the pats student accomodation list, dit has a token accomodation list that hasnt been updated in 12 years (no joke) , we always got pats accom list, lie and say you go to pats, drumcondra is a great place for first year imo

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

i wouldnt recommend daft for students, over priced, get the pats student accomodation list, dit has a token accomodation list that hasnt been updated in 12 years (no joke) , we always got pats accom list, lie and say you go to pats, drumcondra is a great place for first year imo

TBH, I got my new place for this year from daft and have found that it has been updates daily! Last year was the same, I've never had any issue with them nor have my friends!

Yeah I sweat by daft. Have used it every year. Very good. Looked at a few places on the DIT list and they were awful.

One word of advice, and ive posted on this before, do NOT go to Griffith!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cabra64

+1 on pats list

Drumcondra = Pats Girls.
    For bolton st. lads, drumcondra is a must.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Laserhead

wixfjord wrote: »
    One word of advice, and ive posted on this before, do NOT go to Griffith!

Why? Is it overpriced or just dull? Also where's Daft?

Badly run, very expensive, decor is shocking, very strict with regards letting visitors in, cold, noisy because of the bad flooring, they design the couches so they can't be slept on (two seater and rigid arm rests), need I go on!

That end of Sth Circular is a great area though. Espec for those in Aungier St or Kev Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Yakuza42

is it a bit much of a trek from the rathmines, ranelagh area into bolton street? seems accomodation is cheaper there and the nightlife isnt bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

Yakuza42 wrote: »
    is it a bit much of a trek from the rathmines, ranelagh area into bolton street? seems accomodation is cheaper there and the nightlife isnt bad...
    Get a dublin bike

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sjr

Hi, i was just wondering could anybody suggest accommodation near Aungier Street in dublin?? :) Keep in mind i will be a first year in dit..

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Needmockhelp

Hi, Does anyone know a few places around DIT Rathmines that would be good to stay in?

Advertisement