Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Generations and other toys!

Options
  • 30-07-2010 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭

here lads check out seibertrons.coms news sections

thevy got pics from the cybertron convention of up coming gernerations , HFTD and power core combiners.

the generations stuff has.

scourge.

jazz.

perceptor.

tracks.

thunderwing.

all deluxes.

HFTD is grapple , lugnut (both voyagers)

and scouts for wincharger , megatron , bumblebee, prime, starscream.

but the big one for me was a pic of the power core combiners dinobots.

its not that bad looking at all !

also had that lines version of constructicons.

i know these arent actually toys you can find but i didnt want to start a new thread and thought you'd appreciate the nod in the right direction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Felt these toys deserved a thread of their own. :)

Deluxe Thunderwing looks great. He shall be reunited with the original G1 toy's guns.

Gallery (of all the toys) here:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/images-from-cybertron-con-new-transformers-products-panel---scourge-thunderwing-goldbug-jazz-170308/

Some really nice stuff coming out of this Generations line. THe G1 redux shall be completed yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Is scourge a Target master?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GerHankey

Nope.

But gun is a mixture of his original gun and elmenents of Fracas' gun mode.

One guy on TFW is producing a Firebolt for Classics Roddy, i wouldn't be surprised if he turns out Fracas too.

I really don't understand Hasbros thinking behind this. They already have an up to date Targetmaster robot mold (from Cyclonus) that they could remold or even just repaint, and they don't do it for Scourge. Its putting money straight into the pockets of the 3rd party companies.

Its a mixed bag with this lot, really. Mostly Ok or pretty good. Lugnut could either be woeful or great, depending on how he looks transformed properly. Thunderwing looks like they put so much effort into making him look like his Marvel comics appearances, and then rather than changing it by making him transform, they siad "ahh, feck it, we'll just stick a plane on his back and lie him down"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

I think Hasbro have quite clearly shown by their actions, or inaction, that they're not going to do anything about third party companies so long as they're not directly knocking off official toys.

Maybe they simply can't do anything about them, but i'm guessing they see things like Combaticon upgrades and armor for Magnus as relatively small change in terms of cost to develop them and the return from them, and that there's not a lot of point going after online stores who sell such items whilst selling Hasbro items as well, say by threatening to restrict supply, because those online retailers account for a fairly small part of the business, and perhaps also because it's just going to piss some people off.

....apparently 'collectors' account for as little as %6 of the toy market... although for Transformers, that figure might be a bit higher....

It may even potentially create bad will amongst some Hasbro staff.

Some of their design staff are BIG transformer fans themselves, IIRC, Joe Kyde who's worked on Generations, has an extensive,privately purchased collection, not just one he secured through working at Hasbro, including unreleased G2 Scramble City components.

...and since these third party companies are located in Asia, it's going be pretty difficult to track them down too.

They've got better (more profitable) things to with their resources, both in terms of development/profit and in terms of sicking their lawyers on people.

As for the quality of the toys unveiled, we haven't seen enough of them to even begin to make decisions about them, but when people hear the word "Classics" they start getting all wound up about a series of toys that so far has been very hit and miss.... and that includes (Targetmaster) Cyclonus

Nightstick was a nice addition to a so-so toy. They designed an action figure first, then thought about giving it an Alt mode of some sort or other.

Are you sure those legs are visible enough in alt mode?

Classics is vastly overrated, it's inextricably linked by fans to a distorted view of G1, a view based on a line that never really existed, and a 'G1 recreation' that will never exist either.

..but then sometimes it's difficult to spot that over the constant hubris of a small but vocal group constantly clamoring for more 'CHUG' at the expense of anything that deviates from what they've decided a Transformer should be.

Yeah, i just committed TF heresy right there.

GerHankey wrote: »
    I really don't understand Hasbros thinking behind this. They already have an up to date Targetmaster robot mold (from Cyclonus) that they could remold or even just repaint, and they don't do it for Scourge. Its putting money straight into the pockets of the 3rd party companies.

Its a mixed bag with this lot, really. Mostly Ok or pretty good. Lugnut could either be woeful or great, depending on how he looks transformed properly. Thunderwing looks like they put so much effort into making him look like his Marvel comics appearances, and then rather than changing it by making him transform, they siad "ahh, feck it, we'll just stick a plane on his back and lie him down"

Advertisement