Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses to Dublin Airport

Options
  • 02-08-2010 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭

hi all,

just wondering what buses go from sligo to dublin airport direct?
    Bus Eireann doesn't go into the airport (except for one service and that's too early) and i don't want to have to pay €6 each way for the airlink from busaras.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

There is one that leaves Sligo station at 2am if that is any good to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

What about flying down direct into the airport? Is there a big difference in the fares?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

whiteman19 wrote: »
    hi all,

just wondering what buses go from sligo to dublin airport direct?
    Bus Eireann doesn't go into the airport (except for one service and that's too early) and i don't want to have to pay €6 each way for the airlink from busaras.

The 746 goes from O'Connell St. to Dublin airport too and its about €2.20 each way, takes about an hour depending what time you catch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

CSC wrote: »
    There is one that leaves Sligo station at 2am if that is any good to you.
    i checked that one and it's too early for me. flight leaves at 12 noon so would need to be there about 10 or so. don't want to waiting around the airport for 5 hours
    sligopark wrote: »
    What about flying down direct into the airport? Is there a big difference in the fares?
    costs about €60 return with aer arann. too dear for me :(

my flight leaves at 11.50am and i'm back in ireland at 5pm. all the bus eireann buses are arriving too late for me.
    is there any private buses running to the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Could you buy a ticket in Sligo that would bring you to the airport. Might be cheaper than getting the 2 seperate tickets.

For example if you buy a ticket to Cork, you only buy one ticket but you change bus in Galway to a different service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tourman

Just around the corner from BA 41 bus leaves from Lower abbey st at a coast of 2.20 .16a and 746 from O'Connell st also 2.20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

fair enough what about a quick lift with a lorry/van driver going twd Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

What about getting the train, plenty of services to Dublin each day and early enough for you to get to the airport. You can book a ticket online for €10 which is cheaper and quicker than the bus and then get either one of the buses mentionned above for €2.20 or the airlink at €6.

i looked up the €10 fares on irishrail.ie but it doesn't apply to the early trains, only trains in the afternoon. typical of iarnaroid eireann :rolleyes:
    it'll only cost me €32 return with my student travelcard.

the other thing about the train is if it breaks down, i'll miss my flight as has happened to my brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Then maybe you could think about taking out travel insurance.

It's not all that likely that the train will be break down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Aer Arann are running a promotion right now, if you book today before 3pm you'll get 40% off.

Sods law says you'll see this post at around 3.02pm.

saw that in Bargain Alerts but didn't book it. the flight home leaves me too tight for time if my flight gets delayed.

i've decided to go down to galway and stay with my brother, and get the gobus to the airport. leaves me with the most time.

thanks for all the replies :)

Advertisement